“This is the level of a holiday inn”

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #46 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
hampton roads, va
“This is the level of a holiday inn”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We used reward points to stay and saw the room and left - I'd rather loose my points then stay there. A terrible location - we did not feel safe. Some girl in the lobby was renting a room for $35 - If you stay there that is the crowd you are hanging with. If that's your scene then book away! We checked in to the Marriott. Sometimes free is too expensive....

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank vadolly
holinn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest VaDolly

We here at the Holiday Inn I64 Westend take pride in the security of our guests, and we would really love to speak with you in depth about what it was that didn’t make you feel secure. We are here to provide the best possible service we can to each and every guest that we have, our staff has security training and our building does have security cameras that are manned and recorder 24 a day. Like all hotels we do have guest that work within the chain of hotels that allow for greatly reduced room rates for being employees, but again we would love to talk with you to get a better grip on the situation so that we can do better.

GM Robert Peters
804-521-5480

Marvin Hymes Sales Manager
804-521-5482
administrator@holidayinni64.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

So I read the previous reviews and we agree for the most part. This location is in need of an update. I will have to say that the woman at the front desk was more than pleasant, both with our check-in and check-out. Though she was alone and busy, she graciously took the time to give me directions to a couple places.

The room itself was so-so. The decor was average and the beds were comfortable, with 4 pillows to each bed, conveniently marked with a tag, "Firm" or "Soft". Clever. The bathroom was terribly lit, too dim for us gals to do our makeup without looking like a clown once we got outside in real light! That's a downer for me. No one likes dark bathrooms. The sink/vanity was updated with one of those raised box-type porcelain type sinks; however, there was little room whatsoever for toiletries. The shower was so-so and there was NO fan to ventilate the steam (a pet peeve of mine).

One thing that bugged me was where the carpet met the white tile floor near the room entrance. The carpet was all frayed, sort of appearing torn all along the edge of where they met.

Our door was wobbly and wouldn't close properly to a proper fit. Upon inspection, it was secure and did lock, but was very loose with a lot of 'give.'

Breakfast...Well, even though as a CLUB member, we were given small 2" cut-out papers offering us a free breakfast, we were directed to wait for Flo, the breakfast waitress, before we could proceed with our morning dining. I'm not sure where Flo was at the moment, but we did have to wait several minutes before she appeared. She did explain that we were allowed to eat "from here to here", thus pointing out that the hot serving dishes were not for the CLUB members, and that we could help ourselves to the continental area, even though they were within inches of one another. No wonder we were directed to wait for Flo...I'm certain many have helped themselves to what appears to be one breakfast area for everyone.

We helped ourselves to cold cereal, milk (there are good choices, such as fat-free, 2%, etc), orange juice, toast (good choices of bread), yogurts, an orange and an apple. Also offered were some type of frosted sweet breakfast tarts and bagels which we didn't partake of. I did notice there was coffee offered as well.

Would we return to this location? Probably not. The highlight was the pleasant breakfast area, somewhat more pleasant than your average hotel breakfast atmosphere. Flo did have a bit of an edge to her which we chose to ignore. The less-than pleasant things were the heating/air-conditioning system in the rooms, the room appointments, and the lack of light and ventilation in the shower.

Oh! Almost forgot. One thing that was a bit disgusting was the fact that the plastic cups in the room were located on the BOTTOM shelf of the middle bedside table, down by our feet! Though wrapped, we were a bit taken aback by this. Manager may want to re-educate the maids to store the "glass-ware" on tabletops, rather than where you can kick them with your feet.

Enough said.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest IAmEve7,

First let me apologize for your experience here with us at the Holiday Inn I64 Westend falling well short of satisfaction to you. I do appreciate the input given by you which allows us to improve on our product and service we are providing. We would love to talk in more detail about your stay if that’s an option. Once thank you for your patronage.

GM Robert Peters
804-521-5480

Marvin Hymes Sales Manager
804-521-5482
greensboro, NC
Reviewed January 12, 2013

stayed here several times over the years. rooms are nice and updated but this place has really changed. desk staff is not very friendly and seemed put out to be bothered to check me in. i used to like this location.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear beachbum045,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is nice to hear that you are a regular visitor to the hotel. I'm sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your comments regarding the front desk staff, these will be passed on to the appropriate department. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Lutherville, Maryland
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here the night before the Richmond Marathon (9 Nov 2012). Check-in was a lengthy process because of short staffing. The guy that helped me was nice, but his colleague (female) was rough around the edges. The room was ok - not great, not bad. They let me check out a little later than usual because I ran the marathon, so I appreciated that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for recently staying with us and congratulations on finishing your race. We want to thank you for staying with us. We do appreciate your patience in the check-in process. We do our absolute best to make sure that all of our guests are taken care of and enjoy their stay. Thank you for responding and we hope to see you in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was not a great experience for 1 major reason. The staff is rude and unprofessional. I did NOT have 1 single experience with an employee that didn't tick me off. When I checked in, I got ...."last name please" instead of hello, the front desk staff does not have a clue how to treat a priority club member or any guest for that matter.

The woman who worked in the restaurant for breakfast horrible. We had coupons for breakfast, but they were apparently only for continental and she basically yelled at us for trying to get eggs, which she then threw away! She was so defensive, it was as if her job is to guard the bacon and not serve paying hotel guests!!

The ONLY reason I am not giving this place 1 star was because the beds were very comfy, That's it
I will never stay here again and a word to the general manager, fire everyone and start from scratch unless you want to close this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
holinn, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Tony,

I would like to personally apologize for any mistreatment you may have suffered due to the performance of the associates here our property. As it is our intent to provide hospitality above anything else. We make that promise and I assure you everyone that’s affiliated with this property work to maintain that promise. When that is not done that disappoints me, and I thank you for bringing this to our attention cause it allows for growth within our staff. Myself or my GM would love to have a direct conversation with you I have included our direct contact information.

Robert Peters
804- 521-5480

Marvin Hymes
Sales Manager
Holiday Inn I64 Westend
804 521-5482
New Hampshire
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is disgusting. Dirty, filthy, run down. My room smelled like it had been sprayed with bug killer (and probably had). Soap dish had black scum on it (see photo). Wallpaper peeling off the wall (see photo. No remote for the TV. Something I've never seen...the insulating glass in the window had water in it! (see photo). I reserved a room for $85 and when I checked in they tried to charge me $125. when I checked out, I was charged twice! I could go on and on, but won't bother. If you decide to stay here, you deserve what you get.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HotelsPro
holinn, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Mr Hotelpro

I would like to first on behalf of the Holiday Inn I64 Westend thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you. I do apologize that our service fell short of our standards and your satisfaction. Through human error, you were given access to a room that should have been off market, As you clearly noticed. I can't apologize enough for our error and would love to communicate more with you on this issue in a more direct manner. Please contact us.

Robert Peters GM
(804) 359 - 6061

Marvin Hymes Sales Manager (myself)
(804) 521 - 5482
Daleville, Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Walked in to a lobby full of drunks. Not a great first impression. Front desk lady was very nice, rooms were nice and clean...wasn't impressed with the AC unit being old school, but everything elsed seemed to be updated, in the room. Elevators were very dated and slow.

Do NOT fall for the breakfast scheme...they're $11.95 buffet is what you get for free at a lot of places. Also, the "waitress" didn't tell this one group until after they got their plates and started eating that it was not free and it was $11.95. We were thankful that we asked about it when we checked in and got some "deal" that our family of 3 could eat the deluxe breakfast for a total of $16 instead of $12 each...we would have been happier eating at McDonalds.

Overall, it worked for us, for one night. We would not recommend it and would not stay here again,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
First of all, I would like to say that we appreciate your business and for staynig with us. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are steadily striving to improve our hotel property and make it more pleasing to our guests so that they may have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We certainly appreciate you responding and letting us know the areas we need to improve.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Courtyard Richmond West
Courtyard Richmond West
#24 of 81 in Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!