“OK room, RUDE staff.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“OK room, RUDE staff.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was not a great experience for 1 major reason. The staff is rude and unprofessional. I did NOT have 1 single experience with an employee that didn't tick me off. When I checked in, I got ...."last name please" instead of hello, the front desk staff does not have a clue how to treat a priority club member or any guest for that matter.

The woman who worked in the restaurant for breakfast horrible. We had coupons for breakfast, but they were apparently only for continental and she basically yelled at us for trying to get eggs, which she then threw away! She was so defensive, it was as if her job is to guard the bacon and not serve paying hotel guests!!

The ONLY reason I am not giving this place 1 star was because the beds were very comfy, That's it
I will never stay here again and a word to the general manager, fire everyone and start from scratch unless you want to close this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
holinn, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Tony,

I would like to personally apologize for any mistreatment you may have suffered due to the performance of the associates here our property. As it is our intent to provide hospitality above anything else. We make that promise and I assure you everyone that’s affiliated with this property work to maintain that promise. When that is not done that disappoints me, and I thank you for bringing this to our attention cause it allows for growth within our staff. Myself or my GM would love to have a direct conversation with you I have included our direct contact information.

Robert Peters
804- 521-5480

Marvin Hymes
Sales Manager
Holiday Inn I64 Westend
804 521-5482
administrator@holidayinni64.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Hampshire
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is disgusting. Dirty, filthy, run down. My room smelled like it had been sprayed with bug killer (and probably had). Soap dish had black scum on it (see photo). Wallpaper peeling off the wall (see photo. No remote for the TV. Something I've never seen...the insulating glass in the window had water in it! (see photo). I reserved a room for $85 and when I checked in they tried to charge me $125. when I checked out, I was charged twice! I could go on and on, but won't bother. If you decide to stay here, you deserve what you get.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HotelsPro
holinn, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Mr Hotelpro

I would like to first on behalf of the Holiday Inn I64 Westend thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you. I do apologize that our service fell short of our standards and your satisfaction. Through human error, you were given access to a room that should have been off market, As you clearly noticed. I can't apologize enough for our error and would love to communicate more with you on this issue in a more direct manner. Please contact us.

Robert Peters GM
(804) 359 - 6061

Marvin Hymes Sales Manager (myself)
(804) 521 - 5482

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Daleville, Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Walked in to a lobby full of drunks. Not a great first impression. Front desk lady was very nice, rooms were nice and clean...wasn't impressed with the AC unit being old school, but everything elsed seemed to be updated, in the room. Elevators were very dated and slow.

Do NOT fall for the breakfast scheme...they're $11.95 buffet is what you get for free at a lot of places. Also, the "waitress" didn't tell this one group until after they got their plates and started eating that it was not free and it was $11.95. We were thankful that we asked about it when we checked in and got some "deal" that our family of 3 could eat the deluxe breakfast for a total of $16 instead of $12 each...we would have been happier eating at McDonalds.

Overall, it worked for us, for one night. We would not recommend it and would not stay here again,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
First of all, I would like to say that we appreciate your business and for staynig with us. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are steadily striving to improve our hotel property and make it more pleasing to our guests so that they may have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We certainly appreciate you responding and letting us know the areas we need to improve.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The only good point about this hotel is that there are a number of fairly good eating places nearby. The hotel is way outdated. Needs to be renovated. Rooms, carpets, and fixtures are old and worn out. Rooms do not have thermostats and the AC blasts out hard right next to where you are sleeping. Typical of 1970s Holiday Inns that have not kept up. Even at breakfast, the cereal bowls were not 100% clean as they still had food particles attached. Not awful, but stay somewhere else if choices priced the same.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
First and foremost, thank you for staying at our hotel property. We appreciate your business, but are saddened that we did not meet your expectations. While we are continuing to improve our hotel property and provide excellent service to our guest, we appreciate you letting us know our weak areas and where we still lack in hospitality for our guests. Again, we do apologize for those inconveniences you have experienced.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Pros:great breakfast, comfortable beds/pillows, friendly staff, non-smoking rooms.

Cons:Filthy public bathroom, not enough counter space in the guest bathroom, horrible location for a hotel, and dingy carpet in public areas.

Overall:My family and I did not had a enjoyable time at this hotel. We're stayed at few Holiday Inn in the past and this is by far the worst holiday Inn we've stayed in. I was very disappointed because other Holiday Inn have stayed in we were very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JustSomeJoe
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business at our hotel property. We are saddened that our hotel did not meet your expectations during your hotel stay. We always strive to make our guest comfortable and that they enjoy their stay. We certainly apologize for failing to meet your needs. Please feel free to call us directly so that we can better improve our customer service in the future.
Brazil
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We weren't expecting much of this hotel considering an holiday inn but our room was big, very clean, the bathroom seemed newly restored. The breakfast was good. And it is near restaurants and a few minutes by car near a lot of stores and a very good mall - Short Pump mall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank fsgc
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for staying at our hotel property. We appreciate your business. We strive to make sure all of our guests are enjoying their stay and are comfortable. Please definitely come back and see us.
Clifton, VA
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Reception seemed indifferent to our arrival as there was no greeting like Hello, welcome to the Holiday Inn, how can I help you...Instead, I think we got a "what's up".
Elevator was worn and dirty looking.
Room smelled musty.
There was trash in the hallway near to the elevator, 3rd floor including empty beer bottles and boxes.
No newspaper - fine print on the check in form said that I could deduct .75 if I chose not to receive USA Today in the morning.
Bed and bathroom were clean. Ceiling light out in bathroom making it fairly dim. Water faucet made loud noise when on cold water side.
No breakfast included. Should have been for the price.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this hotel as you can probably get a better room for the same price. If you do s...