“Very Unpleasant Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Very Unpleasant Stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Hotel was slammed packed when we arrived with numerous teams staying, in addition to a Texas Hold Em tournament going on, which was not mentioned to us when we booked. Lots of drunk people wandering around hotel, lots not e ven staying there, discarding empty 5th bottles of liquer in the lobby. Police where called during the night to try and control drunks and fights outside rooms. Had no sleep all weekend.

No secuirty, felt very unsafe walking to car, lots of random people/men hagning around outside.

Hotel appeared dirty and run down, huge aruguments over breakfast that we had paid for already and then very aggressive staff refused to let us eat hot breakfast.

Shower did not work in friends room, so no water to use.

No smoking hotel supposedly, yet clouds of smoke wafting through connecting door into our room, which then stank of smoke.

Would never stay here again, worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Stay eleswhere.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank gateranger
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear gateranger,

I am sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experiences at our property.
I can assure you that the security and safety of our guest is of utmost concern to us.
We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into.
I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHCGare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Worst services, facilities and cost is too high.I am now staying in holiday inn from three days. For the last two days the rooms are not cleaned. Only hot water comes of the pipes at times. The towels are all dirty and not washed well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jbn_joseph

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Bolivar, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn I 64 West End when visiting the VCU campus in Richmond. While the hotel is not particualrly new, it was very clean and the staff very good to work with regarding local directions and area connections. The price was reasonable and the location is just off I 64 approaching downtown from the west. We would stay here again if the opportunity arose.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms x19 or x21 as they flank the elevator if you are concerned about a slight rumbling n...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Ellicott City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

This hotel staff was very accommodating on check in and telling me what services the hotel had. Dinner in the bar was OK only because the bartender delivered room service. She was upfront about the situation and told me as soon as she got back she would take care of my order. Room was fine for a hotel that has been there for years, they have done some nice upgrades. Free USA Todays are appreciated.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

The hotel may not be rated a five star but the employees deserve the rating. The women we dealt with were courteous, kind and above all else, attentive to our needs. The linens were crisp and the bed was comfortable. For the price we paid, I could not bring myself to find an issue to complain about.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Richmond for 5 straight days in August 2011. My reasons for choosing this hotel was that it was bang opposite the place I had business at and they were offering me a corporate discount. I guess the one thing I would recommend is checking for corporate discounts & also getting on their priority club member list. I just had to give a few simple details at the front desk and I was on it. And thanks to being on that list I had free wireless, free express breakfast and 20% off my dinner throughout my stay. The staff at the friend desk was very friendly and also arranged for pick up from the amtrak station. So I was feeling kind of pleased until I walked into the room. It's a pretty standard room - a bed, a little office table and sofa. Everything looked clean but was very utilitarian - not the plush hotel feel. You definitely need to have low expectations and then you can avoid disappointment. The bathroom was again very tired looking and oh there was a sticky spot on the carpet in the bedroom that I had to tiptoe around. Food is okay at that place and there are a few fast food restaurants nearby. I ordered Chinese food 1 day and had it delivered right to my room. Staff were very nice to arrange a drop to the station late in the evening even though I had checked out by 11am that day. So overall, nice people, good intentions - just need to remind yourself you are checking into a Holiday Inn not a Hilton ;)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Rehoboth Beach, DE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was pleased with the aesthetic of the hotel and the conveniences found in the guest room, but the service leaves a lot to be desired.
I didn't have too many issues with housekeeping - just a few hairs in the shower. My co-worker had to change rooms twice, however, due to maintenance and cleanliness issues. The service in the bar/restaurant was horrible, to the point where I actually needed to ask if I needed to pay for the buffet meal I just had. They didn't seem interested in introducing any servers to the table, let alone presenting a bill. The front desk service was fair as far as speed and accuracy, but they clearly wanted to be anywhere but there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Courtyard Richmond West
Courtyard Richmond West
#24 of 81 in Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!