“Decent stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 88 Hotels in Richmond
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Decent stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had to go back to Richmond to visit sick family member suddenly. After disappointing stay at Embassy Suites, I chose to stay at BW, which is right next door and half the price. It's a nice basic hotel. My room was nice and spacious. The elevators were quick and hall was quiet. Breakfast was standard hotel buffet - self serve waffles, danish, fruit, yogurt, juices. I liked the mini fridge on counter with yogurt and milk. I couldn't find plain water, but probably overlooked it. I was in bit of hurry that morning. I definitely would stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bk_essence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were in town for a business meeting and decided to stay overnight in Richmond. The Best Werstern was 0.2 miles from our meeting location and the price was right. I have to commend Chauna at the front desk for some of the kindest service I have received at ANY hotel. She also called after we made it up to the room to see if we needed anything, and the pillows we requested arrived very quickly.

The room was average to below- a cheap bathroom remodel that was already showing its age did not impress us, nor did the damaged desk or the fact that there was urine in the toilet when we entered the otherwise clean (looking) room.

The pillows are pathetic - undersized and barely there. The bed was so-so. Amenities were fair and the breakfast was nothing spectacular: make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, muffins (the store bought kind) and cereals and two flavors of yogurt. Apple juice, orange juice, or coffee and milks.

Overall, wish we had paid a little less for what we got, but overall, it was acceptable for the rate and location, compared to other hotels in the immediate vicinity for substantially higher rates.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Rachael T
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I just have to say it has been a long time since anyone in a hotel reception was so caring and efficient as Chauna Jones. It has been a long trip with several cities and several hotels and I messed up my reservation for this hotel. Chauna got on the phone, figured it out, got me a room (all while she adressed many other guests and their needs) I was very impressed. The room is great. The hotel is great. I stay in hotels all the time and I am so appreciative (and pleasantly surprised) when I am actually treated this way. Very very happy to be staying in Chauna's house.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank plevi1
Burlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were pleased with our stay in room 333 last weekend. The room was clean and spacious and there was plenty of hot water and towels for a lovely bubble bath. The king bed was comfortable. Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank JAMES R
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I can never complain about Best Westerns!! I never met a best western I didnt like.at a fair price. these rooms are a little smaller then I like But still nice and descent staff!! the location was prime!! I loved cant really complain especially the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo