“Reasonably Good Western” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 88 Hotels in Richmond
Austin, Texas
“Reasonably Good Western”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Following Sandy, I spent a couple of nights here. Older hotel, bust looks like probably a 4 or 5 year old renovation. Rooms were average size, but the bathroom was small! Very comfy beds, and everything was clean. The front desk staff, Sean and Shauna were both extremely friendly and helpful, the met my Priceline rate when I called direct! The breakfast buffet was typical, but more than adequate. Hot and cold items, and good coffee. The nice surprise was the fitness room! very nice size and well equipped for a property of this level. Convenient location, safe and well kept. A few more updates, and I would have given it a 4. But for $62 a night, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank vantine8665

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rocky Mount, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

i stay at best western usually, this cost me less than most and was better than most. it is just a few minutes from virginia commonwealth univ. both the school and univ. are on the broad street. last time i stayed at the omni. this best western could teach those guys a lot about the hospitallity business. clean rooms friendly staff all charges clear and the price excellent. I WILL BE USING THESE GUYS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! as a matter of fact booking today

if you check my reviews from my omni stay they were pretty bad and they responded with a bunch of BS. i guess to save face by all means save your self the headache don't stay at the omni

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here on 9/15/2012...We booked on priceline so got an excellent rate for 2 rooms. We were able to check in early , 1130am , and guest services accomodated one of us to a smoking room and one of us to non smoking. The room itself is somewhat dated , but the bed was comfortable , they had flat screens. The bathroom is tiny and the sink is outside the bathroom and is a small are as well. The room had a microwave and refrigerator , so this was convenient to store bottled waters and reheat food. The location can not be beat , right at broad and 64, with plenty of dining options withing walking distance and a half mile. The night clerk Tanshia was extremely friendly . No complaints really at all

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel a lot and have experienced different staff with varying degrees of competency. Recently a young woman named Tashiana greeted me behind the front desk as I dragged in after a long day at the office. She was efficient, very polite, and knowledgeable. When I asked her to assist me with additional reservations, she provided great service. Indeed, she provides WOW service! If you stay here, I hope Tashiana is behind the counter when you arrive. She will make your day (or night).

• Stayed September 2012
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel staff were terrific, we arrived at 12:30 pm, much earlier than expected, check in time is 3:00 pm, we called ahead to ask if we could check in early, Shawn, desk clerk, checked for available rooms, had one room ready, we checked in right away when arriving. The room was very clean and neat. We stayed two nights, service was top notch. I will be using Best Western hotels for all of my travels. This is our 3rd stay at a Best Western in the past 6 weeks, we are very satisfied all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Menifee, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I walked in an booked this Hotel for 2 days since i was in town visiting my daughter in College. The room was clean an the Staff was Friendly an Courteous. After the first day i checked my account an noticed an additional charge for 90 dollars, when i went to the front desk to get an explanation i was told that it was for incidentals an would be removed after i checked out, well it did not! I called the hotel from California an was told i was charged for a Reservation cancellation, I NEVER RESERVED A ROOM HERE! I WALKED IN OFF THE STREET! I was told the matter will be fixed an was given the Managers number whom i left a message with. I hope they fix this immediately cause they already have one bad review for double charging a Guest Personal Credit card.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kevin B
Mississauga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is not a bad place to stay for a short visit. We made the mistake of booking for 6 nights, as we planned to tour the city and play a little golf. The facility may be renovated, but it has that old, tired look about it. We had a terrible time getting into our room as the lock only responded to our card key when it wanted to. I sat on the bed most of the time because the chair was so dirty. Tiny bathroom and smallish breakfast room. Security was lax as the side door was open to anyone off the street who wanted access.

On the plus side, we liked the pool, the staff was very friendly and the location superb. There are 3 good restaurants within walking distance so no need to get into your car to go for dinner. I would recommend a 1 or 2 night stay but no longer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple