“reasonable price, nice accomodation and good management” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street
Ranked #76 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Bay Area
“reasonable price, nice accomodation and good management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

I went there to attend a friends wedding and the my friend has reserved this motel for me. I was expecting this to be like any other motel where you get management is grumpy when you call them in the middle of the night to ask for one thing after another as your having a blast with your friends. But to my surprise, the management was very helpfull and patient with us. The rooms that we got were clean and nice and the price was very reasonable as well. I would easily recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Super8richmond, FD Mgr at Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Thank you for such a great review! I'm so glad you love the place as much as I do! We really take pride in making your stay here a pleasant one. If we can do anything in the future, please do not hesitate to ask! Take care & we hope to see you again soon. Remember, You're Always Welcome!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winchester,VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

Spent (2) nights in Richmond checking out local colleges. Enjoyed my stay at Super 8 Broad Street. Many restaurants nearby, good central location. Great rate & wireless internet.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Super8richmond, PR MGR at Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

Good choice for a its location is prime and very resonable prices and it was clean. We did not have any problem with the room but the continental breakfast is limited (english muffins, honeybuns and cereals, coffee and juice).They have free wifi and my room had a microwave and fridge to keep my beers cold so this is a plus, so got what i needed. As my main concern was to find a clean hotel i can recommend this one.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Super8richmond, Frnt Dsk Mgr at Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
NEW YORK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

This Hotel was really the deal and worth the money. I checked in the hotel the lobby is very small but the rooms are decent clean and on a prime location and the rates are very low, i got online deal for 44.99 and the i think what i paid for was very worthy., break fast is pretty basic like 2 types of cereal, english muffins/ bagel, juice, mufiins, honey buns and coffee was really nice. free wifi.
Would recommend it if you are not looking to spend too much for a night stay where u dont even stay in the room with those flat screen tv's and modern furnishing but pay twice or more than what i got here for.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

You have to enter just one door, and are greeted with a cramped area with a desk person behind bullet-proof glass. This is the only entrance door, and a doorbell rang every time you came in. The hallways were dark and scary, as well as smelly. The room was dirty - looked like someone blew their nose on one of the towels. The bathroom looked like it needed some major renovation. We were a bit late checking out, and two people came banging on the door yelling at us that it was time to leave. Overall, a terrible experience.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JohnP85
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2006

We picked this motel originally becuase of its low price, and location-decent part of Richmond, not far from our destination. My husband had an early am meeting at the Richmond Omni, where we would be staying the following nights (the Omni and its staff were wonderful!!!), and thought this location would be a good place to crash the night before rather than leaving our home at 3:30 am to make the meeting. Perhaps a good idea, but not a good hotel.
Upon check in, we encountered, not a real person, but a glass partition, similiar to what prisons and some gas stations use. We then had to use a house phone to call the desk person to come out from their room. Upon entering our room, this is what we found.
Pros-the King room was spacious.
Cons-We were in a basement of sorts. It was just really odd....when you looked out your tiny windows you had to gaze slightly up to see the "ground. The self contatinied bathroom was really teeny, and the whole room smelled musty and mildewy. Our king bed had two small pillows. Travelling with our daughter, I went down the stinky hallway, and I seriously mean stinky....think multiple wet ashtrays, and lots of old chineese take out hanging out in a damp enclosed room for a few days, pee-yeww!, to ask for some more pillows. Upon calling on the phone, someone finally comes out, motions for me to follow, then to stand out side another guest room. They go in and shut the door to this guest room, and then come out and hand me a pillow. Weird. We settle in take showers and our room becomes a hot steamy rainforest sauna. Try to urn on the ac, and it make this hideous (wallunit a/c, by the way. like what one would use in a college dorm), screackhing noice. You can hear it outside in the hall way. even with the door shut. Sooo bad, and it puts off this odor, which we discove is probally coming from all the fuzz and mold growing in its filter. The floor along the sides of the walland between the furniture were not vaccuumed....only the main floor area seems partially clean. We did not sleep much as it seemed elephant were moving furniture above us while we sweated in the room below. Oh, the "deluxe" continental breakfast was coffee???, oj, bagels, no butter, but some cream cheese and two or three muffins.
Here is the kicker. We contacted Super 8 after we returned home. They decided the best way to handle this was to call the general manager, and let him call us, several times, AT OUR HOME!!!!!!!!(I think this person was the owner as well, we found out that not all Super 8's are owned by Super 8, and that many are private owned, with franchise). Therefore the solution was this. After the phone calls we received a paper letter entitling us to best room with 20% discount....Umm hello, not trying to sound mean, but its not like we would go back after that kind of experience!! Yikes. I also want to say, this so far is the only Super 8 we have found to be yucky, we have one in our home town that I actually recommend to out of town visitors above higher class hotels in our area because of their friendly staff, and attention to cleanliness and maintence. Thank goodness for the Omni, which had us feeling better as soon as we pulled up .

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2006

My husband, 3year son and myself stayed here 2 nights Columbus Day weekend 2005. We were looking for some place inexpensive and in a good location to shopping and restaurants. (location was great) I had stay at other Super 8's before but never one that was dirty. When we arrived the bathroom towels had somebody's long hair on them, the room smelled old and musty, the did not vaccum I don't even know if the have one. I was not expecting it to be like a Marriot but it could have at least been clean.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Econo Lodge-Broad St
Quality Inn West End
#39 of 81 in Richmond
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North

Been to Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street? Share your experiences!