“Value based Pricing”

Ranked #77 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
New York, Virginia, United States
“Value based Pricing”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed in Super 8 on the way to West Virginia. I reached there at 9pm and my TV wasn't working so I give a call to front desk and they assist me right away. I asked for non smoking room and room was really descent though old. All in all its good for the buck that I paid. Satisfied with the service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
PA
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here the other night after driving from philly for a conference the following day. I called to let them know I'd be checking in late and the guy at the front desk assured me no problem. I arrived a bit before 2am and the guy promptly checked me in, was very nice considering he was the same person I spoke to earlier in the early afternoon. My room was very clean, bathroom very clean but I think the heater/ac was a decoration as the buttons were removed/busted out. However, the motel served it's purpose, I needed a bed for 6 hours with a shower in the morning and even got a bowl of oatmeal in the morning. For the amount of money I paid, it was better than I expected.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PHILADELPHIA
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed at better Super 8 motels. This one didn't seem to be very well kept - weak, broken furniture, loose electrical outlets, and clothes rack loose from the wall. There also seemed to be a leak in the hallway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Velizy-Villacoublay, France
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Neither bad nor good, just in the average. Clean but old. Noisy air conditionned that had to be switched off during the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The heat doesn't work, power wire spliced with wire nuts uncovered and run on the floor, and strong smell of curry throughout all 3 floors. Thought 53 dollars was a good deal, but now I feel ripped off.

• Stayed October 2012
Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed for only one night before heading to Charlottesville. Unfriendly front desk people, the bread on their breakfast was as hard as a rock and tasting stale, we had a difficult time opening the door of our room, dingy hallway, and the bathroom was not even inviting (though its the only place that seems to be clean in the whole of the hotel), towels look worn out, you wouldnt want to even walk on the room carpet barefoot coz it looks unclean. It just gave me a bad impression of all the Super 8 motels and definitely wont come back. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER HOSTEL!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Izzowizzo
Gatineau
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed here on my family's trip down to florida and it wasn't very nice. The only nice thing were the room's were actually quite spacious and big, bigger than other cheap hotels i've been to. We just wanted a cheap motel to rest our head for the night.
What really turned me off was the terrible smell of indian food....it filled the whole entire motel including our rooms. We were 4 people (plus my 5 month old daughter) in 1 room, with 2 double beds...and we got only 2 cups, and 1 towel for 4 people! The towels smelled awful as well...like they hadn't been washed in a month.
Was not very happy...but stuck it out since we were all tired and just wanted a bed to lay on, but not very impressed...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
WoodSpring Suites Richmond West
Speco Hotels Richmond
#50 of 81 in Richmond
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North

Been to Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street? Share your experiences!