WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street

Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street
Ranked #76 of 83 Hotels in Richmond
PA
“perfect for a night stay passing through”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here the other night after driving from philly for a conference the following day. I called to let them know I'd be checking in late and the guy at the front desk assured me no problem. I arrived a bit before 2am and the guy promptly checked me in, was very nice considering he was the same person I spoke to earlier in the early afternoon. My room was very clean, bathroom very clean but I think the heater/ac was a decoration as the buttons were removed/busted out. However, the motel served it's purpose, I needed a bed for 6 hours with a shower in the morning and even got a bowl of oatmeal in the morning. For the amount of money I paid, it was better than I expected.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
PHILADELPHIA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed at better Super 8 motels. This one didn't seem to be very well kept - weak, broken furniture, loose electrical outlets, and clothes rack loose from the wall. There also seemed to be a leak in the hallway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Velizy-Villacoublay, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Neither bad nor good, just in the average. Clean but old. Noisy air conditionned that had to be switched off during the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The heat doesn't work, power wire spliced with wire nuts uncovered and run on the floor, and strong smell of curry throughout all 3 floors. Thought 53 dollars was a good deal, but now I feel ripped off.

• Stayed October 2012
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed for only one night before heading to Charlottesville. Unfriendly front desk people, the bread on their breakfast was as hard as a rock and tasting stale, we had a difficult time opening the door of our room, dingy hallway, and the bathroom was not even inviting (though its the only place that seems to be clean in the whole of the hotel), towels look worn out, you wouldnt want to even walk on the room carpet barefoot coz it looks unclean. It just gave me a bad impression of all the Super 8 motels and definitely wont come back. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER HOSTEL!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Izzowizzo
Gatineau
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed here on my family's trip down to florida and it wasn't very nice. The only nice thing were the room's were actually quite spacious and big, bigger than other cheap hotels i've been to. We just wanted a cheap motel to rest our head for the night.
What really turned me off was the terrible smell of indian food....it filled the whole entire motel including our rooms. We were 4 people (plus my 5 month old daughter) in 1 room, with 2 double beds...and we got only 2 cups, and 1 towel for 4 people! The towels smelled awful as well...like they hadn't been washed in a month.
Was not very happy...but stuck it out since we were all tired and just wanted a bed to lay on, but not very impressed...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

The staff was very nice but the room was a dump. It was the smallest hotel room I ever saw! There was 4 of us (2 couples) so we had a room with 2 double beds. The beds were very small & the room was so small that their was barely enough room to walk. I went to hang some clothing up on the rack & the WHOLE bar came flying down with hangers going everywhere. Went to put the bar back up, it kept falling. Since we couldn't hang any of our clothing, we thought we would put them in the drawers. Couldn't open the one drawer! It was stuck & took real muscle to get it open! The AC worked but never got cold enough to be comfortable. The carpets were so dirty! The ceiling had water stains all over it! The one wall looked like someone wiped something gross on it, Didn't get close enough to really see what it was. All the lamp shades were backwards! There was a piece of chewing gum stuck to the leg of the chair at the desk. The card by the remote that had the TV channels on was that cruddy, I didn't even want to touch it! The mattress (both) has stains all over them. They were so dirty! I was praying not to see or take any bed bugs home! The bathroom was horrible! The toliet seat had cigarette burns all over it. The floor was that dirty it was unreal. The tub had cigarette burns on it & the shower head was just hanging out of the wall (you could see the pipe). The bottom of the tub was rotting away, I guess from the floor being wet. There was 4 of us but only 2 towels! Thank God I brought some from home! The towels were sitting on top of a metal shelf that was barely screwed into the wall. It looked like it was going to fall any minute. There was a hook on the wall that I hung my bag on, during the night I heard a crash, guess what? The hook came right out the wall & my bag was on the very dirty bathroom floor. It just seemed like everything was broken in the room. I know all this sounds unbelievable but I promise you, it's all true. If I was the owner of this hotel, I would be very ashamed & embarrassed to rent these rooms out & take hard earned money from people to stay in a dump. I remember thinking, "Are we really paying for this?" Also, the cleaning staff needs to do a better job at cleaning the rooms & take pride in their job. The job they are doing now is unacceptable & they should be fired. There are plenty of people out of work who would love to have that job & do it well. I will be staying elsewhere when I go to Richmond, even if I have to pay more.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Econo Lodge-Broad St
#39 of 83 in Richmond
Speco Hotels Richmond
Speco Hotels Richmond
#46 of 83 in Richmond

Been to Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street? Share your experiences!