“Home away from home.”

Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 18, 2013

When in the Richmond area, I consistently find myself coming back to this Sheraton!! It is not the most convenient location for where I have to work, but some things are worth the drive.

This visit, I did have TV issues but frankly, that helped me to go to sleep sooner. I reported the issue the next morning. Two things happened: Lady at the front desk was super nice and when I returned after work, the TV worked as it should.

I've probably spent close to 50 nights here in the last 5 years and I have never been disappointed..... Well ok, here is the only knock on the place: do not park under the bushy looking trees in the Spring (usually next to an "end" parking space). Birds eat the berries and, yea, you will need a car wash!

Be Blessed and Bless others.

• Stayed: September 2013
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your loyalty and writing a recent review about your stay. I appreciate your positive compliments from your visits with us. Sorry to hear of your experience with TV during your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us. Thank you again for your posting.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Check in was quick and easy thanks to Donell who was a very nice gentleman that remembered my name from my last stay. Close to a lot of suburban shopping and dining, wish downtown was closer. Will stay again but also did notice some worn features of the room and hallways, looked like the basic wear and tear of a hotel but could use a freshening up in general.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was nice. It sits near all the major restaurants and shopping malls. Easy to access. Staff was very friendly. The room was nice. A suggestion for the hotel would be to have a refrigerator in the room. We did not have one. However, the walls are thin and you can hear conversations in the other rooms. We thought the pools were heated and they were not. Even though it says that the indoor one is heated. The outdoor pool was okay, but there were some bugs and a frog. This should be address to keep from happening. Also, this hotel allows you to bring your pets. I feel that person with pets should be on separate floors. In the morning the barking woke us up. I do think that this is also because there is a pond and a boardwalk along the hotel. The price was very economical.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and area. Please allow me to address a couple of your concerns. Our indoor pool is heated in the winter months only as in the summer months it is difficult to control due to the connections of the indoor/outdoor connections. As to the pet floors we are a pet friendly hotel and the second floor is the dedicated floor for pets; however, when we run out of rooms on that floor we use other floors.
We are in the process of having refrigerators in all guest rooms and should be completed early 2014.
Thank you again for your feedback and hope you visit us again when your in the area.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our group had business meetings here and what a disappointment. I am well traveled with Trip Advisor and always see more than I care too. But I also beleive this forum is share with fellow travelers the very good to bad and everything in between. This hotel is very lived in and needs alot of updating. My room on the 4th floor had wallpaper peeling off, water stains on the ceiling and the smaoke alarm pulling away from the wall. The bed was comfortable but the floor dirty. The hallways had not been vaccumed and the elevators were dirty too. I went to get coffee in the morning and waited at the restaurant for over 5 minutes to come and wait on me. I asked where the coffee was and the waiter showed me and poured me a cup. Then he wanted to know where to charge the coffee to. I have never in 3 years (and I travel 65%) had to pay for coffee as almost all hotels now have complimentary coffee. I told him to forget it and went to 7-Eleven accross the street. My room had an extension cord because the outlets were not working properly. Oh, if your a Starrwood memeber, don't expect any special treatment. I asled for a breakfast discount card and they said no. Other team memebers ate there one day and were disappointed in the average breakfast ticket was almost 15.00. For Breakfast! I sure hope they figure out to get their act together! When I was checking out, they were at least painting the ceiling in the lobby. Over guests heads that were sitting at the computer. Two compliments, one to Donell at the front desk and one to the nice lady bartender. they made my stay bearable.

Room Tip: Aks when you check in if your room has been udgrade and remolded.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. After checking into your comments I found that the room you were assigned was not to be rented as it was out of service for repairs it was put back in order in error. The photos you posted is not a true reflection on our hotel as is evident in the numerous positive posting on Starwood and other social media sites. I do apologize that you were given a room that should not have been available and hope you will try us again.

Dennis Schmoll

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've stayed at this Sheraton twice during the past two years on business. The rooms are nice, the beds comfortable. The restaurant service though, is terrible. Our first visit actually involved a full refund of our group's dinner because two hours later we still didn't have all of our food - and ours was the only table in the restaurant. Our second visit involved a person in our party coming down with the stomach flu just after eating breakfast. Overall, this isn't a place I'd recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am a musician on tour with one other person, and usually I don't trust Hotwire Hot Rates even though they're lower price because I like to know where I'm staying before I book. But the rate was too good on this one to pass up so I took the shot. We ended up at the Sheraton and man were we impressed! We are used to Days Inn, Quality Inn, etc. hotels of that nature because of our tour budget. We were blown away by how upscale this hotel was. Located right off the main road there but set back enough that there's no noise. The lobby was beautiful. Check in was very fast and very efficient and the man at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful in explaining all the amenities at the hotel. We loaded up one of the bell carts with all our gear that we didn't want to leave in the car, and had no problem getting everything to the room quickly. Many reviewers have pointed out that they saw a police car sitting outside and a cop in the lobby. One gave this hotel a one star review solely because of that. Are you nuts? If you'd taken the time to do your research, you'd see that this hotel uses Richmond police as security at night. That should make you feel MORE safe, not less. The rooms were very comfortable and the bed was great as were the bathrooms, and contrary to another reviewers post, the WIFI was very good and had no problem loading pages quickly. I was so impressed that the following night (last night) I trusted the Hotwire Hot Rates again and got another awesome hotel. So thank you Sheraton for giving me faith in Hotwire Hot Rates haha.

Long story short: I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments, it's always great to hear that our guest enjoy themselves during their travels. We appreciate your comment on our security as we have had this program in place for the past seven years and it has never been an issue. Thank you again and hope to see you back in the future.

Dennis Schmoll

Reviewed July 15, 2013

WIFI was not reliable - and was too slow for VPN access to my office, making it impossible to get work done. I tried several locations in the hotel to no avail. Hotel staff acknowledged problems with slowness. It seemed to fade in and out. Eventually, later in the evening, I was able to work, but had lost a few hours attempting to connect. Also, the desk chair was way too low, and broken. I would have requested another chair but I changed hotels instead. (I did stay a second night with the hopes that the WIFI issue would have improved, but it did not).

Hotel staff was very friendly! Reasonable prices, and reasonably clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business