Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
The Jefferson Hotel(Richmond)
$275
Preferred Hotels
$119
All reviewsfront deskbanquet staffmidlothian turnpikeunder renovationgreat customer servicebusiness meetingjasminemonicabonnieyukarisamokiafaridapplebeessavannacarterspixie
Reviewed July 20, 2012

From what I can gather, there are not a lot of hotel options in the area, and this place was conveniently located, so I stayed here for two nights. I agree with other reviewers that it looks better on the website than in person. My room was spacious and comfortable. Service was friendly but slow. When I called the front desk, the wait for an answer was way too long.Only one waiter in the dining room both days at breakfast, so service was way too slow. That's a real problem for someone there on business who needs to get to appointments.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I do not usually stay at Sheratons, but we had to stay here for a soccer tournament. It sounds like our stay was similar to some other recent reviews.

Lets start with first impressions.... The pictures on the website make the place look much better than it is in real life. As many have mentioned, only one of the elevators worked the whole weekend (despite the hotel being full for a tournament), so we tried to use the stairs -- which I usually do in most hotels for anything less than 5 flights. I could not believe how difficult it was to find the stairs and then the stairs were so horrible and sticky with something -- God only knows what. ...but we made it with all of our stuff and family to our rooms.

We reserved adjoining rooms. One was so moldy smelling that we could not sleep in that one for fear the air quality would effect all of our breathing -- but especially since one of my children has sensitive asthma. The other adjoining room had a dirty appearing floor, but we were aghast when we were moving a chair to make room for luggage and found a used lice treatment kit!!! (Can they not even move the furniture to vacuum?!?) The manager acted totally uncaring when approached and was not even going to find any rooms for us (just like the front desk person I approached) until I started doing something I've never done -- I got loud (talking about the lice treatment kit and mold). Then she quickly agreed to find rooms but otherwise would make no other amends. In the end they would not even give us starwood points for our stay because of some technicality. I will probably never again stay in a sheraton based on this experience

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My rating would be lower but since booking with Hotwire.com we didn't pay full price. We stayed for 3 nights (Wed.-Fri.). The grounds and the lobby were decent but that is about all the hotel had to offer that was visually appealing. Only one elevator was working so we had to wait about 10-15 min. and cram in like sardines with everyone else waiting. The room itself...the beds were okay,the lighting between the beds did not work at all, there was a burned out light in the bathroom, the tv for some reason did not allow you to view the pay-per view movies (not a big deal), there was a bubble in the middle of the bathtub's vinyl interior. I did not have any interaction with the staff but my wife had asked two nights in a row for an extra towel for my children and we received nothing until our last nights stay. The pool was frigid and the vinyl interior seemed to bubble as you walked along the bottom. The overall maintenance of this hotel is extremely poor for a Sheraton Hotel. Oh and find somewhere else to eat breakfast. They charged us $10 for 2 6oz. cups of coco for our kids...unbelieveable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you fro sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I assure you that your comments will not go un-addressed.
I would like to apologize for one of our elevators being "down". Despite the fact that a service call had been placed, we were unable to have all elevators in peak operating condition for a few days. Regarding your other concerns, I hope you shared these issues with our staff while you were our guests affording them an opportunity to remedy them.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us.

Dennis Schmoll

Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel looks nice from the outside and in the lobby. However, after you deal with the front desk staff that act like they are doing you a favor, you then wait like 5 -10 minutes for an elevator. Most of the time one is broke. Then on the way to your room, you get to walk on some of the dirtiest carpet In town and the walls and wallpaper are scuffed, it just really looks bad. The rooms look tired nothing special. They are in need of a complete redo. The bathroom had hair on the floor and wasn't very clean overall. The wallpaper in the room was peeling off the wall in one spot. In most hotels I stay in, and I spend about 50 nights per year in hotels, they have HD TV. Well not here! And last but not least, I couldn't get the hotel internet to work on my laptop. Funny, it works in every other hotel I stay at.

Room Tip: I would just choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for posting concerns on Trip Advisor about your stay at Sheraton Richmond Park South Hotel and I want to personally apologize to you for any inconveniences you experienced.
Our hotel experiences high occupancy year-around and resulting in some areas needing renovations. Please know that your comments will not go unnoticed and these concerns are being addressed. We are having our elevators upgraded and new carpet for our lobby is about to be installed. I am disappointed to read your comments about your bathroom as our staff is known for the pride they take in the cleanliness and presentation of our rooms.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Richmond, Virginia, you will consider affording Sheraton Richmond Park South an opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to exceptional customer service and hospitality.

Dennis Schmoll

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Staff was friendly, Rooms clean, large, check in area nice, hotel did look like it could be updated, stains on carpet in hallways etc. Breakfast just ok. We would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business