Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Omni Richmond Hotel(Richmond)
$187
$161
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskbanquet staffmidlothian turnpikeunder renovationgreat customer servicebusiness meetingjasminemonicabonnieyukarisamokiafaridapplebeessavannacarterspixie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Old Sheraton. Badly in need of new carpeting. Very comfortable bed.
located in a business park,
Very funtional, but do not expect spit shined and polished.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Spent one night here. very friendly staff, nice club, also very friendly. Hotel a bit older than some, but would visit again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Ever wonder what a hotel would be like if nobody cared? Wonder no more... the Sheraton Richmond Park South is complacency defined.

Service:

- Nothing stands out here with the exception of different levels of incompetence. At check-in the lady (who was on the desk alone) was chatting with two disgruntled guests. After solving their problem (or actually asking someone to have their room "defeathered") she shouted to me (who was standing behind the two guests) "ARE YOU CHECKING IN?" to which I said I was but wasn't she helping these ladies (who refused to move). She said she actually still was helping them but then proceeded to shout out "What's your last name" and "DO YOU NEED TWO KEYS?"... never once did she ask me to approach the counter or ask the two ladies in front of me to move. I had to ask the ladies if they wouldn't mind sharing the space in order that I could actually be handed my keys, so sure was I that the front desk clerk was just going to toss them over to me.

- Wake up calls. What wake up calls? Made a call for 6:15am as I had an early morning meeting. Never received it. Best part? The other people in our group had also made a wake-up call and none of them got it either.

- Restaurant staff: Unbelievably lazy and rude. Dirty tables, orders that go unfilled and when they do fill the orders it takes them 10-15 minutes to do the most basic things. Every day I was there I literally had to beg for jam for my toast... you see the staff leaves a basket of peanut butter and a basket of cream cheese by the toaster........ but NO jam. So you ask them for jam and they're like "uh, I'll see if I can find some". What??! And it wasn't like this was late in the day... we're talking 7/730am. And it happened every single day for a week. 10 to 15 minutes later some guy would mosey on out with a small thing of jam. Thanks. Other things: coffee filled (but never re-filled), I asked for water and juice (only got it once... there a whole week).

Rooms:

- Gross. Peeling wall papers, air conditioning (the window style) that were not only loud but so full of mould that my allergies acted up (badly) after only one night. Also, bathroom was pretty meh... special shout-out to the splatters of mud or something on the bathtub!

- Walking to my room the first night was like dodging a field of landmines... dirty dishes literally littered the floor, trays of dirty dishes stacked outside people's doors.... not to mention french fries arbitrarily scattered down the hall. Lovely. I should also add that when I checked in to my room there was a half-empty glass of diet coke outside my door. It stayed there for the entire six days of my stay.

Pool and gym:

- Gross and grosser. Outdated equipment (though the tvs on the walls were nice) and a pretty scuzzy feel to the gym overall (read: dirty). The gym bathroom was even worse... urine, pubic hair everywhere and it reeked of years worth of body functions. It needs a heavy sanitization. The pool was, well, equally disappointing. Not only was it grungy feeling but the outdoor part had quite a few bugs in it... It was probably more me being grossed out then anything else, but I felt incredibly itchy after that 1 minute swim.

The Bar:

- Pretty unwelcoming... although the bartender (a young lady) was really nice.... a bunch of chairs but not really a good vibe in there. Worst part? They close pretty much whenever they feel like it... some days it's 930pm, others 10pm, or others 1130pm... it's "management choice". Yeah, and evidently it doesn't matter if people are in there and would like a drink.

WiFi:

- in 2011 there is no excuse for shoddy internet service that comes in and out while being incredibly slow. I felt like it was dial-up.

The Shuttle:

- Useless. Almost always late, if it ever showed up at all.

If what you want from a hotel is total complacency, dirty, grime, mould and discomfort, stay here. How this hotel got the designation "Sheraton" is beyond me. It is like some random crappy hotel you'd find in a small town, certainly not befitting Virginia's state capital.

Never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CanadianTraveller30
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here for my son's Pony baseball tournament, On first impression, the hotel wasn't bad, The rooms are very small and the beds and linens are pretty good. However, the hallways in the hotel were dirty and had very old, stained carpeting. The bathrooms have peeling paint and the a/c in the rooms, while it worked well, had paint chips and dust all over it.

The pool area is nasty...no other word to describe it. The decking in the hot tub is some rubber coating that is peeling up all over.

The worst part of the hotel is the service, though. Maids routinely skipped our cleanings (were we in the hotel for almost a week) and seemed aggravated if you asked them to come clean the room and re-stock towels, soap, etc. At one point, I pushed the button on the phone in the room that reads "service promise" and it literally rang 20 times without anyone picking up. I guess if they don't pick up they don't have tp promise service.

The restaurant staff was flustered and slow, even when they weren't busy. At breakfast, they had a "chef" at a station who was supposed to be cooking omlettes, waffles etc. Getting him out of the back was a challenge, however. One the food came it was pretty good, though, as far as breakfasts go.

Overall, I recommend you find another hotel if you value service and cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 7,691
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed there two nights. Price was good, room was comfortable, location fine, parking good, staff friendly, check-in easy. It was my 1st stay at this location. I found it to be well maintained, quiet, and the front desk personnel was quite helpful. I appreciated the information volunteered by the desk.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family