“great staff, clean & comfortable room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North

Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
Ranked #64 of 88 Hotels in Richmond
Chesapeake, Virginia
“great staff, clean & comfortable room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was my 2nd visit, but the manager remembered me even though it had been 7 months since my last visit. I called a week or 2 before my stay to request same room because I needed walk-in shower. They were able to accommodate me. The staff is very courteous & helpful. Any problem I had was resolved within minutes. I use this time to get away from everything & just to relax & I was not bothered unless I needed something. The kitchen had all I needed so that I didn't have to go out unless I wanted. The room was very spacious & comfortable. Very nice to have dvd player. Nothing fancy but clean & comfortable. Would reccomend to anyone wanting a nice place for a night or a month.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this review, December 3, 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were in town for business for 4 days in late June/early July. We booked it on priceline for our stay and when we arrived we were very pleased and satisfied with our purchase. The pool at the time was not working due to the storms that had gone through the area we were disappointed but you cant really argue with Mother nature. We had to come back to Richmond again August 30-September 4 and went to priceline and prayed we would get this place again. The staff during both our stays were excellent always very pleasant and spoke to you as you entered or left and ready to help with anything you may need. The pool was working this last trip and we met the pool maintanence Kevin who was exceptional. He told us that he takes his job very seriously and makes sure the pool is safe and clean for the guests, he said if he is going to be out he adds a little extra chlorine (but not too much) to make sure the pool will be safe for the guests while he is out and pays attention to the temperature of the pool and would close it if temperature went below 68 because guests can get sick. I cannot remember all the staff by name but ALL of the staff working during both our stays were exceptional. We had family staying at the Crown Plaza on Broad street, it may be a 3-4 star hotel but their pool, rooms, and staff are not even close to the caliber of the staff at extended stay deluxe. We will be using them everytime we come to richmond without a doubt. Water pressure in the sink and shower is amazing loved the shower!!!

Room Tip: book with priceline
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
brish0213, Owner at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
: It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

East Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I chose this Extended Stay Deluxe because it has a pool, it is close to everything in Richmond, including family. The short stay of three days was very enjoyable. We arrived late and I called in advanced and Teairra, the counter staff, waited for us with a smile. The breakfast was a nice surprise. The room was a lot bigger than we expected and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. When we left we forgot something in the refrigerator. I called and Teairra again was there to save the day. She went to the room and had already everything packed in an envelope with my name when I returned to pick it up. My husband and I were so happy that we are planning to stay there in our next visit to Richmond. I would recommend this hotel to everyone traveling to Richmond.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Teairra. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Annville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Greeted with a smile upon checkin, remembered my name from last visit. Rooms yery clean, all amenties needed in kitchen. Great water pressure in shower. Not full breakfast bar, but enough to get you going in the morning. Pool and area was kept very clean, Also outdoor gas grill came in handy. Will return when in area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I stay in extended stays along east coast for his job. This extended stay has been absolutely the best. The manager, Nasir is the BEST, he is professional, kind, courteous and an absolute pleasure to talk to. Kathy, Tiara, Daisa are the best. They all accomodate all our needs and if necessary go out of their way to help. Housekeepers, too many to mention are extremely friendly and do a great job. Maintenance men, Allen and Frank are always on top of things when necessary. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. We also have several men through the company that stay at the hotels as well, never any complaints only good things to say.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very well-kept property; excellent value; cheerful, helpful staff. Breakfast is crummy, but the coffee's okay and you can cook your own breakfast in your room or walk to the Bob Evans restaurant next door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Somerdale NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I just spent a few days in Richmond on our way to North Carolina from New Jersey. It was an unplanned stay so we were really looking for inexpensive. What a nice surprise! Although not brand new, the rooms were clean, comfortable and well maintained. The front desk staff was always available and helpful and the housekeeping staff was always busy but helpful. The rooms and common areas were very well kept. The room was a large efficiency/suite with a full kitchen and living area. They also had coffee, pastry and fruit available in the morning in the lobby. The location was great. We found using Broad Street was a great way to get into town and we found a parking lot at 14th & Cary Sts which was only $5 all day. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.