“This hotel was there when I needed it”

Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
Ranked #56 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I came about this Extended Stay Deluxe hotel ( I-64 Richmond, VA) not by choice; my car overheated and broke down near by. The thought of having to rent a room late at night (this was my first ever car-breakdown) intimated me, but as soon as I walked into the lobby and told the night-clerk about my situation, the staff at this Extended Stay Deluxe hotel was nothing but kind and very courteous to me. They helped me all the way until I had my car towed and for that, I am very grateful to the staff at this hotel.

As for the amenities, they were all very good, especially considering the low price I paid.

All in all, I would greatly recommend this fine hotel if you are ever in need of a place to stay in Richmond, VA.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Tim,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Recently relocated to Richmond and absolutely loved my stay! While it is not a full service hotel and it lacks in some amenities, the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of my room certainly made up for it. I felt welcome and at home.

Room Tip: Laundry facility on the first floor is open to guests with a room key for 24 hours. Fitness center...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This was our home away from home for about 9 months. The staff here is super friendly, the rooms are clean, if there is something you need they will find a way to get you the best information possible. Convenient to I64 and shopping. And the grounds are pet friendly too. The space for us was convenient for myself, my husband 2 kids and a dog. The kitchen area was so much bigger than most hotels we've stayed in, with a full size fridge. Awesome!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank A S
Reviewed April 8, 2012

my stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Richmond VA was the best ever. I was there for business, i was about 300mi away from home but thanks to the quality of the hotel and the frienliness of the employees it made me feel as if i was right at home.......

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lobo47p
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

When I first came to town, I stayed at another Extended Stay. Before i made the reservation there, they informed me there was a nonsmoking section of rooms and a smoking section.. which turned out to be untrue, and it just got worse from there. After a few days there, I then called THIS hotel, and they were absolutely wonderful! The manager was so kind and understanding on the phone. When I came to see the room, it was great! Clean, quiet, and NO smoke (on the first floor; I think upper floors have smoking available). Free wifi, plenty of parking, quiet, safe, no one loitering outside bumming for cigarettes (like other Extended Stays in town). Reasonable rates, cute kitchen, large bed, clean bathroom, and a comfy recliner chair! Room service weekly, but downside is they don't wash your dishes... otherwise, it works well for me.

Room Tip: Avoid hotels with people loitering/smoking outside. First, and I think 2nd floors are nonsmoking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ann L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed here on a 6 week assignment for work. This hotel is better than the average Extended Stays around. You really feel like it's your own apartment because of the couch,recliner and kitchen including a full size oven! The staff is very accommodating and the cleaning crew is sensitive to your work schedule and needs. It's quiet and sits back off main road. Nice location. The pool area is nice and has room to cook outside and hang out. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Stevo4256
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room wi-fi, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband, 3 year old son and I have stayed at this hotel for several months due to my husband's transplant. I am a very picky person, and I have nothing but good things to say about this place. The people were all very wonderful to my family, including my extended family that came every weekend to stay. The area seems very safe for my little boy. The price was a great since we were on a tight budget. The kitchen was perfect for our stay, and the room had enough space for all of us. The hotel location is wonderful. We are right on the main street with everything, but off just far enough to stay away from bad traffic. Since we were here for a long term stay, this hotel and it's staff made us feel right at home! I would recomment this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: First floor is the best!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trista R

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
WoodSpring Suites Richmond West
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
Best Western Executive Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North

Address: 6807 Paragon Pl, Richmond, VA 23230-1648 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street)
Location: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Ranked #56 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Price Range: $92 - $120 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - i-64 - West Broad Street Hotel Richmond