Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
Omni Richmond Hotel(Richmond)
$171
$161
  • Restaurant
All reviewshandicap roomgreat customer servicecleaning staffwonderful staybusiness tripdeluxevirginia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2012

As a travel nurse, I stay in hotels, motels, and apartments. Presently, I am staying at Extended Stay Deluxe in Richmond, VA. I will be here at least 13 weeks. My experience has been wonderful. The staff is friendly, efficient, hard working and willing to help in any way they can. The room is much better than most hotels/motels because there is a full-sized fridge, a 4 burner stove, adequate counter space, TV with a DVD player, and nice large bathroom. I have housekeeping weekly, there's a laundry facility and cardio exercise room. If I extend this contract another 13 weeks, I will continue to stay at this facility because it is close to shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, and the freeway on and off ramps. Should I have company, the sofa is a pull out bed. The internet is free and works well. Should there be a problem, there is a tech service to help. All in all, this facility has everything needed for a short stay or, like me, for a long stay. Plus, I travel with my 2 Maltese and they are as welcome as I am. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

For the price, this hotel wasn't all that bad. Good location to everything we were looking for and It was clean. Only problem that I had was that they were updating the outside and really needed to update the inside.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AKSnoqueen
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I reserved this hotel online. It looks a lot nicer on the computer. The room was filthy. Hairs on the floor, tub, and on bed sheets. My husband woke up during the night to step on a roach barefoot. Then he found roaches crawling on our daughters bed. The sofa was filthy with dirt all over. If it had not been for us driving all day and getting there at 10:30 at night with 2 young children, we would have stayed somewhere else. I wouldn't let me kids walk on the floor without there shoes on. We got the h*** out of there the next morning ASAP. One good thing we got our money back. Do Not Stay There!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank momsvaycay
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I took my daughter and my cousin away for 3 nights for graduation gift to King's Dominion(19 miles away). The room was medium in size with a cute, pint-sized kitchen that you entered as soon as you walked into the room on your left. There was a computer/breakfast table, a recliner, a pull out sofa-bed and a queen sized bed in the room. First, I checked the bed for bedbugs before bringing anything into the room. NO BEDBUGS FOUND. I did, however, see a couple of dark human hairs on the sheets of the bed. Since I know human error and/or staff laziness may play a part in such things, I won't blame the hotel for that. Getting a new set of sheets was as simple as going to the front desk and asking for them(I always do this anyway). The two dark hairs might also have come from one of the cleaning staff themselves, as they had dark-haired Latina workers on duty. Also, the bed was not so comfortable to me. I'm used to sleeping on a different type mattress, so this one took a little body adjustment to get used to it. But again, that's a ME problem, not the hotel. There were no bad smells in the hotel, everything was running properly, the room was very clean, the kitchen came complete with full sized refrigerator/oven/coffee-maker/microwave, lots of electrical outlets, dvd player, there was a laundry room on the first floor, a vending machine room next to that, a clean well-kept swimming pool, elevators, very nice neighborhood, plenty of parking, across the street from 2 restaurants and a K-Mart(but hidden from street view with woodsy surroundings), and it was quiet. I paid around $70/night for my room and was satisfied with the service and room that I got. I would definitely recommend this Extended Stay Deluxe to others. My cousin was even thinking about getting one of these rooms(with a roommate) for her stay in Virginia for college in the fall. With no deposit fees, 2 beds, all the amenities & furniture included, and great rates, it makes a lot of sense to everyone.

*NOTE: People do live in this hotel. It's an EXTENDED STAY. I didn't see any bad elements and all the neighbors we met in the building were very quiet and friendly. Since there is another Extended Stay right across the drive from this one, it looks like an apartment complex.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HoneyBunni50
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I needed to stay for 10 days while I was waiting to close on my new house. since it was just me I figured I would stay in a little less expensive hotel to save money. Soooo not worth it, between the noise of the other guests blaring music in their rooms or outside in their cars. the disgusting dirty hallway floor, or the fact that housekeeping never cleaned my room even though I was there more than 7 days and repeatedly asked. basically, if you don't mind low budget accommodations, this place would be fine.

• Stayed: June 2011