“Very Comfortable Stay!”

Ranked #26 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Virginia
“Very Comfortable Stay!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, close to shopping and restaurants. Check in was smooth and quick. The beds were extremely comfortable, not too soft or firm. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Imaim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Like most Hampton Inns, this one meets the high standards set by the franchise. It is clean and comfortable. The location is great for getting around the Richmond area. There are lots of restaurants and places to shop within walking distance of the hotel. The continental breakfast was very good. This hotel boasts an indoor pool and fitness area. The rooms are well soundproofed to ensure a quiet night's sleep. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious. We were most impressed with the service the staff provided. They were pleasant and eager to accommodate in any way they could. The main lobby is undergoing renovations, however it does not interfere in any way with hotel guests. We will return to the Hampton Inn Richmond - Midlothian Turnpike whenever we are staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I recently stayed this Hampton Inn with a few family members while we were in town for a wedding.

1) Location - Easy to find and near shopping and fast food. Right next door to Target (great for if you forgot anything and if you get bored).

2) Beds - I very much appreciate hotel bedding that doesn't look like hotel bedding. The bed was comfortable. I can't say much for the pillows as I always bring my own.

3) Bathroom - The bathroom had a very roomy vanity, which was helpful when you have 4 women getting ready in the morning. The toilet flushed extremely loudly, which may wake a sleeping roommate.

4) Amenities - I enjoyed a fast wireless internet connection and the flat screen tv with cable. I personally, Breakfast was a typically Hampton Inn breakfast.

5) Staff - Didn't really experience much, either pleasant or not. The staff was a bit apathetic. They weren't great, but they weren't bad.

Overall, the hotel experience was pleasant. I felt safe and comfortable throughout my stay. The decor is modern and sleek.

My only complaint is the renovations that were going on in the lobby. I was not aware that there would be any construction going on during my stay. There was a lot of dust in the lobby and eating area (thankfully not in the room we stayed in) - not great for allergy sufferers. We also could not access the pool. The renovations went on primarily at night, which is really the only time we were there. I feel that a discounted rate should have been offered due to the inconvenience. I do not feel that the hotel was worth over $100 / night, at least not until the renovations are complete. If you can get it for around $75 / night, it is worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2012

As a regular business traveler I don't need the pool, but am looking for 3 things:

1. Convenience - is the hotel near decent choices for dinner or to make a quick run to Target or another store?
2. Comfort - Are the beds comfortable, is the room pleasant?
3. Service - Can I check in and out quickly, does the staff make an effort to assist me, etc. Flying in on Sunday night, can I quickly get to my room so I can get to bed and be ready for Monday?

On all three of these points, I would give this Hampton Inn excellent marks. I have stayed at this hotel for several weeks in 2012 and found this Hampton and its staff a great group.

As Hampton Inn's go this one has lots of reasons stay here!

Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: This Hampton Inn is off the main road so look for the McDonalds to make the turn.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
nicoleclay, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for your positive and detailed review! We strive to provide excellent service, and are glad to hear from you that we are meeting that goal. We value your business, and the time you took out of your day to write a review. If you need anything at all in the future, please do not hesitate to call. Thanks again!
Bucks County Pa
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Visiting family this was the closest lodging we could find.
Clean and quiet. Breakfast was ok not great but when you need to be up and out something in your tummy is better than nothing.
All kinds of places to eat and shop near by.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and convenient location. We hope that next time you are in town you will choose us again.

Thanks again!
Richmond, VA
Reviewed March 21, 2012

A very well located hotel . Awesome for anyone needing a disabled room very well appointed . Good for early morning hospital pre op stays for out of town folks right across from Johnston Willis Hospital . Friendly and very helpful staff willing to go the extra mile . Clean and very comfortable at a good price . The indoor pool is a nice plus.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank luvmoo
Thank you for your recent stay and great review. We strive to provide excellent accommodations and customer service and I am glad to see that we were able to provide that for you. We hope to be your first choice for accommodations next time you are in the Richmond area!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 15, 2012

A basic Hampton Inn (currently undergoing renovation) but the staff seems to go the extra mile, including providing bottled water on check in. A nice overall experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us, I am excited to see that you enjoyed your stay! We hope that next time you are traveling to the Richmond area that we will be your first choice for accommodations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Hyatt Place Richmond / Arboretum
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike? Share your experiences!