“Great Hotel and Location”
Review of Richmond Marriott

Richmond Marriott
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Medford, New Jersey
“Great Hotel and Location”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here during the National Indoor Tournament for USA Field Hockey and had a very nice stay. We have stayed here before but this time was better then the last time. This time the hotel included a breakfast buffet with our stay. This made it so easy in the morning to have breakfast at our convenience. The rooms are nice but housekeeping didn't come around until 4pm on Saturday afternoon. This was a little late. The staff is very nice and friendly!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed March 2, 2014

One bad experience can spoil the entire stay. As you enter the lobby, there are many staff that warmly greet you with a smile and make certain that your every need is taken care of. I regret that I can't say the same about the housekeeping in the hotel. My room was not services properly but I didn't want to complain as you never know what they are doing in your room when you are not there. The straw that broke it was when I returned to my room and there were wet and dirty towels left in the bathroom and the drinking glass was filthy.

Great service at the front door but beware of the activities behind closed doors with the housekeeping.

Room Tip: There is another hotel right across the street. I suggest you stay there and not the Marriott
3 Thank Catherine L
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. As we strive for excellence service we value feedback such as this to better enhance stays for our future guests. I apologize you experience a different level of experience with our housekeeping team and would like to utilize this opportunity as a coaching moment for our team.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future so we can show you an excellence experience we know we can provide.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here during the Wine Expo weekend. We arrived a little early on Saturday and the front desk went out of their way to find us a room that was ready. We checked in, left the luggage, and went across the street to the expo. Afterward, we came back to the hotel and ate in the restaurant on site and again, the staff went out of their way to get us a table quickly on a very busy night.

The hotel seems to be a little older, but is well cared for. The location is a big plus next to the convention center and easy to find off of the Interstate. The room was a little small by today's standards but was well appointed with a comfortable bed, flat screen TV, and nice desk area. Had breakfast in the Starbucks in the lobby the next morning and were on our way. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavenBethinMD
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Everyone was so nice to us. We had a great ladies weekend this weekend. We wanted to spend time together at night and we were given a room. We ordered pizza, brought games and wine, and had a great time . The staff couldnt have been kinder! The brunch on Sunday was delicious with fresh fruit and great made to order omelets.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone~

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you foe taking the time to fill out a tripadvisor! We are so glad you enjoyed your girls night as we all know sometimes they are desperately needed. We had a great time being the host hotel to the Wine Expo and hope we see you again next year.
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was here for a conference geared to educators. The price of parking is ridiculous and they hover until you tip. There is no free wifi service, and for what you pay per room plus parking that is the least they could do. The service staff for the meals were rude and sloppy. They did not allow enough space between diners even though almost an entire third of the room was left vacant. The conference part was great, the hotel was clean, but I would think twice before attending an event here again.

Green Features: Who cares? I am away from home, I'll use a new towel everyday please!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had GREAT service from the front desk staff. I arrived in the hoteal about 11:45p and had told Sheena at the front desk that I it was not a great travel day and my 1.5 hour layover was reduced to 20 minutes in Atlanta and was not able to grab any dinner. Sheena suggested the bar for a quick snack. The bar had closed the kitchen and I went back to ask Sheena about other options. The only option was to order in. I had said that it was too late and was tired. She said she would see about getting me a snadwich or something adn gave me a extra bottle of water. Right after I got to the room she called and asked said she was sending me up a turkey sandwich. About 10 minutes later, I had a sandwich, salad and a dessert delivered to room. The next day the bill did not have any charges for the meal.

Sheena went above and beyond to help a weary traveler on a bad travel day.

MAJOR KUDOS TO SHEENA and the staff at the Richmond Marriott

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. We are always happy to hear such great feedback on our team especially Sheena. I am glad she was able to take care of you after your long travels to Richmond and provide the kind of service we are proud of! We have shared your comments with our team and will continue to share the excellent feedback. We hope to see you soon and provide the same great service!
Ruther Glen, Virginia
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed one weekend night. Location is really good as it is near the National Theater. Service was good, room was good and clean. Check in was very quick. My only complaint is about the restaurant - I did a separate review of T-Millers restaurant specifically but what I refer to here is very limited in-hotel restaurant choice since the only restaurant is a sport bar and grill.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the location, room size and the speediness of the check in process. I also noted your review on the restauarant and apologize for the limited menu. We are constantly looking for feedback to better enhance the experience of our guests and will use this opportunity to take another look at the menu.