“Nice hotel right next to Convention Center”
Review of Richmond Marriott

Richmond Marriott
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Fremont, California, United States
“Nice hotel right next to Convention Center”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a nice elegant Marriott. The best part is its right next to the convention center and the Coliseum - just a few mins walk to the Coliseum.
Rooms were good, front desk staff are very friendly and helpful with our requests.
Breakfast at Tmillers was good.
We stay here everytime we come to Richmond Coliseum.
If you dont want to Valet, the 5th st Parking garage is attached to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jubin E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Michigan
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed for 4 days last week and must say this was one of the nicest hotel experiences we have ever had. The staff was unbelievably friendly, took care of every detail and made us feel like we were family. Our room was very nice, the bed was perfect, and the fitness facility was excellent to name a few. We were upgraded to a top floor room, given concierge level access and they have a Starbucks in the lobby! A dream come true. We heard similar comments from other guests too. Could not have been more impressed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Nice hotel next to the convention center. Great sports bar too. The front counter staff was great. I would stay here again if I go to Richmond. Had lunch and breakfast, and a couple of beers and always got great service

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the kindest most pleasant employees I've ever seen. From Artis the omlet chef to David the evening manager at T Miller's Sports Bar and Grill. The wait staff the front desk!! The housekeeping staff. Everyone of them smile and look you in the eye. I truly cannot say enough good things about them all!!!

• Stayed September 2013
piqua ohio
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Best thing was that it was close to the convention center. (Convention rate was super, also.). Nice room and pretty good food at the lobby restaurant. An additional bar across the lobby was nice for a glass of wine. Expensive valet parking but worth it for the convenience. Friendly staff eager to answer any question, give directions and even recommend restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very pleasant to stay in. The staff was very helpful and I would recommend staying there to anyone. The location was great and the bar restaurant downstairs is a great place for sports games!

• Stayed September 2013
Holtsville, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We recently spent 5 days at this hotel and the place was nice and accommodating. However the Valet parking people are a bunch of crooks. They went through my center console in my car and stole my broken Iphone. I didn't notice until about a 1/4 way home to NY when i went to listen to music on it through my car. It was there on the way down and the ONLY time my car was out of my possession was when they parked my car. I am one of those people that don't allow anyone to drive my car. I always self park but the option down there was a complete rip off. 17 dollars every-time you went in and out of the self park or 26 dollars for the day valet and come in and out as much as you want. Anyone who knows swimming especially that meet you and in and out often. I have notified the swim organization and if the meet is down there again I will suggest we look else where. I hate crooks and hate the fact they went through my car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Andy S, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Eric11546,
Thank you for your comments about the nice accommodations. I am sorry that your broken iphone came up missing from your car. I did investigate with the Valet Manager but we were unable to locate it. I am hopeful that it turned up. The city owns the parking garages in town and they set the rates on the self-parking garages. it is actually $17 per day, not every time you go in and out. Our valet pricing is in line with the other hotels in the market and less than you would pay at a downtown hotel in most markets.
Please feel free to contact me directly next time your travels bring you to Richmond and I will be happy to take care of your valet charges as a measure of good faith and a way to say thank you for your loyalty.