“great hotel with excellent service”
Review of Richmond Marriott

Richmond Marriott
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed October 1, 2012

we stayed at this marriot one evening last month becuase we had a certificate to use by the end of september. the hotel was very busy with two big events. however, you would never have known it based on the excellent service we recieved. from parking the card, to checking in, to the bellman who brought up our bags, to the waiters at dinner and breakfast, etc. etc. i travel a lot and rarely write reviews, but i felt i needed to do so for the richmond marriot because the service was so, so great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Scott_Paradine, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for the feedback bodiKansas!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at the Richmond Marriott and especially so that you can credit that experience to the service offered by our outstanding staff members. I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again soon on your next visit to Virginia's River City.

There are newer reviews for Richmond Marriott

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Don't waste your money!! Very dissatisfied with the quality of service. Staff was extremely rude and pretentious. Bathrooms are very old and outdated. Concierge was rude and not helpful. Hotel manager was also not very hospitable. Too pricey!'

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ksg1092
Scott_Paradine, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, Ksg1092.
I am sorry that your experience with us fell short of your expectations. As we are always seeking to improve, I'd like to learn a little more about what went wrong during your visit to Richmond. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you at your convenience so that I can address the specifics of your stay. I can be reached at 804-643-3400, or via e-mail at scott.paradine@whitelodging.com. If you'd like to drop me a quick note with your contact information and the best time to reach you, I'd be happy to do so.
Hearing your observations allows us the opportunity to provide you and all of our guests with a better experience on your next visit, and I appreciate the time that you've taken to provide that feedback.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott for two nights during a conference I attended there. Every staff member was attentive and helpful. When you came into the lobby, they would each make a point of greeting you. The hotel location is excellent. We walked/ran to the river. There was a shuttle to take us to Shockoe Bottom and he came and picked us up when we called. I highly recommend this venue for any stay in downtown Richmond.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I (and family) stayed at the Richmond Marriott this past weekend while in for the NASCAR race at the Richmond International Raceway. It was a very good stay. Richard, who was our bellman, is great! He was very pleasant and very informative. I think he is the Bellmen Supervisor at the hotel. The other staff and service was ok -- from check in to valet. Valet is I think quite expensive at $25 per night. My husband and I both work at resort so we understand that hospitality, service, and personalization is key to making a good or ok stay into a great stay for a guest! It was very surprising to me that this hotel was quiet (didn't have trouble sleeping at all) even though it seems to be right in the middle of the action in Richmond. Our room was a traditional guest room with two queen beds. Very nice and well kept. The hotel was very busy though that weekend with other race fans. We did not dine at the sports bar that is inside the hotel. The only place we dined at there was the Starbucks for breakfast (very friendly staff there also!!).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I'm a road warrior who stays in hotels 200 nights a year for work, usually at Marriott or Hilton affiliated properties. (Marriott Platinum & Hilton Diamond member)

I've had 2 separate multi-night stays at the Richmond Marriott, and would definitely put it in the top 1/3 of domestic Marriott properties. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms immaculate and finely appointed, the beds comfortable, and the hotel very well maintained. I was very pleased with my experience.

The hotel itself is in a rather quiet part of downtown -- there isn't much happening in the immediate vicinity besides the convention center. The hotel does have a free shuttle that will take you to/from the restuarant district should a little nightlife be your fancy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Were not used to nicer hotels so any descrepencies may have gone unoticed. But we were pretty happy overall. I asked on 3 occasions to have something done or fixed and they responded right away. It was fixed not only that day but the time they asked ME for. Air wasent cold enough, they fixed it, Forgot my phone charger in the car, they went and got it. Room was not made by the time we got back, it was fixed in 1 hour while we went swimming. Parking seemed high at 25 but was worth it to me, parking can be such a hastle in a city. Now I was disapointed in no free wifi in the rooms only the buisness area. Hard to research a trip from a smart phone even. Great spot downtown in my opinion but right on the edge of the "tracks" If you walk in the right direction, no problem. Bathroom seemed a bit small for a nicer hotel but the room was good size, no fridge however, might want to check on that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed one night at Marriott in downtown Richmond. The best going for it was location across from Convention Center, which could account for why they feel it is okay to charge large rates and give nothing with it. Parking was $25.00, Internet was $12.95, and of course no free breakfast. All of those features I can get for free at place that charges much less. Room was pleasant but needed work. Sink had huge crack in bowl, TV had fuzzy reception, noise from other rooms was bothersome. I could hear all the conversations up and down the hall as people walked around and talked. Soundproofing an issue. Bed not particularly comfortable. Service downstairs was excellent, but in some cases wrong. My company paid for room in advance. I was told the room was not paid for, and the person checked and said yes, not paid for. I hauled out my laptop and showed a manager the receipt I had been sent. Then the manager discovered that the room was indeed paid in advance. The friendly staff, especially the parking people, cannot make up for overpriced rooms, faulty information, and facilities not up to 4 or 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business