“Decent location, no complaints”
Review of Richmond Marriott

Richmond Marriott
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Much better service than the guys across the street. Good food and a Starbucks inside. Rooms were nice and beds comfortable. plush. clean and comfortable. no complaints.

parking is $17 a night in the garage out back. may be tough to find during events.
no free bfast included

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 28, 2012

A very pleasant experience from start to finish. We had an unexpected trip to Richmond this weekend for a Nascar race. We've never been to Richmond before. The front desk receptionist was pleasant and helpful. Dinner and the buffet breakfast were delicious. Our room was spotless. I've stayed in many hotels and this hotel was by far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere all around.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed two nights and chose this hotel because it's attached to the convention center. If I wasn't on the 15th floor my stay might not have been so bad. Three of the four elevators worked so every time we left the room it was a long wait to make it up or down. To the hotels defense the hotel was booked completely....which they seemed very unprepared for. We called the first night to request more pillows...they were out. So, we asked for blankets to use as pillows. They said okay they would send someone up. Two hours later still no blankets. We called back...They again said they would send someone up. By one a.m we gave up and went to sleep. Didn't get a great nights sleep, the pillows were VERY flat. Called the next day to insure we got either more pillows or blankets to put under the pillows. Still out of pillows but will send a blanket right up. Blankets never came, we called and said we really needed the blankets and understood that they were busy so we would be happy to come down and get them. No, they assured us they were on there way. Finally two hours later they came. Ate in the restaurant and the food was good but we placed the order and the food came ONE HOUR after placing the order...The waiter was very nice and just kept saying they were very busy. I understand they had a full house but I would expect a hotel to be prepared for such a thing...especially when you have multiple events scheduled at the convention center. I would be willing to give the hotel another shot but will defiantly pack my own pillows and will make sure they aren't at 100% capacity!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelenfamilyof5
Reviewed April 23, 2012

20 years ago I used to work at this very hotel. I have always been partial to Marriotts because of the great experiences I had working with the company. So, when the opportunity arose to find a hotel to call home for the night, I chose this hotel. I couldn't believe how much things had changed. Everyone was courteous from the bellmen and valet attendants at the front door to housekeeping staff in the hallway. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are updated and clean. Since we were there on a weekend, we chose to self park which was $8 each time you came and went (Valet was $25 for in/out privileges). We traveled with our 3 year old and spent about an hour in their indoor pool which is not staffed, but it's shallow enough that my child was able to stand on her own. Unfortunately, we did not try any of the other amenities such as the bar or room service...maybe next time. The hotel is very close to the coliseum, shockoe bottom, Rockett's Landing, MCV and VCU. Very convenient location. I'd recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Meg W, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Traveln-Beegees,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It's always great to have former employees come through and see the new renovations! I hope you got to see one or two familiar faces, as we still have a few employees here that you probably worked with!

I hope next time you're in town, you get to experience a wider array of the amenities we offer, including T-Miller's Sports Bar, Liberty Bar, full service Starbucks and Room Service!

Thank you again for the great review! Have an excellent day!

Meg Wright
Catering Coordinator

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed as part of a large volleyball tournament at the convention center. Checked in late Friday night and my room key did not work. Tech came up right away and fixed it, everyone very apologetic. Comfy beds, quiet rooms, even with a floor full of enthusiastic volleyball players. Shower didn't have much pressure but everything was very clean. Sports bar has tons of tv's, but a bottle of domestic beer for $5 isn't a great deal. Loved being able to walk across the crosswalk and get to the convention center so easily.
As per a previous post about parking, just ask how to get to the lot behind the hotel on Marshall (lots of one-way streets makes it tricky). $8 a day after 6 on Friday, not sure about weekdays.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this property on several occassions. We only stay here when the TSO is in concert at the Richmond Coliseum, usually in November or December.

Our last stay here was November 30, 2011 when we once again saw TSO in concert. We choose to stay at this hotel because it's within walking distance to the Richmond Coliseum ... less than 2 blocks.

The hotel is clean and they have a sports bar / restaurant in the lobby. This year, as in years past, we reserved a King room but upon check-in we were told there were no King rooms available. The front desk clerk gave us a coupon to use the following morning for a free breakfast in the restaurant and this was satisfactory enough since we would only be staying one night.

Our room faced the Richmond Coliseum, had 2 queen beds and standard bath. The bath ammenties are Bath and Body Works toiletries.

The lobby was decorated for the Christmas holiday with large trees ... very festive!

The room rate was more expensive during the week since the hotel caters to business travelers.
There is a true Starbucks Coffee shop in the lobby. Valet parking is available and although expensive ($25-$30) per day, its worth not having to drive and park the car in downtown traffic.

Enjoy your stay at this Marriott property.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I was here for one night for work and it was a very nice Marriott with the amenities and quality I would expect of the brand. The lobby and rooms were nice - modern, clean, well equipped. Every member of the staff I encountered went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. For example - the business center was closed for renovation but they allowed me to use the computer and printer at the concierge desk to print my boarding passes.

One of the highlights was the sports bar attached to the hotel. I was there mid-afternoon for a snack. The food was a step up from what you would normally expect and the staff was terrific. I was able to get good food, get some work done and visit with really nice people. Much better than a sandwich in my room.

Yes - parking is expensive but not out of line for what you'd expect in any urban area.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. It more than met my expectations.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business