“Small cramped rm with no Internet service”

Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd
Ranked #47 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Gorham
“Small cramped rm with no Internet service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I work for the days Inn so I know how hard the staff works and I know that things sometimes go wrong and its beyond the staffs control; however, I also know what can cause problems and did my best to make sure the staff had what they needed from me. Unfotunately someone got hold of my credit card number just before our trip so knowing my card would be declined I called and gave my husbands credit card number. The girl at the front desk kept insisting I would be all set for my two future stays, but I work the front desk so I insisted she put in the new card number. She must not have put it in right away or perhaps your system doesn't alert you when the exp is incorrect, because it declined. So when our exhausted family arrived after driving 11 hours I got a lecture on my card declining. Then we got to the room and you couldn't even get out of the bed by the wall. Our niece is missing school and had homework to do, but the internet didn't work and when we tried to get help the man said it was our computer, but our nook and ipod and mac computer didn't work either. The woman who checked us out was very nice and checked to see if our reservations for the 22nd were under the right cc information. we thank her for her hard work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8chamberlayne, Manager at Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your time, we are very sorry for any incovince,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Raymond, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stopped at the hotel on the way from Connecticut to Florida. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast area was part of the hotel lobby and relatively small. However, the price of the room directly correlated to the size of the breakfast area. My only real surprise was that the check-in desk was behind a glass partition. (I also found the same thing at a local pizza restaurant I picked pizza up from). So, after I thought about it, I moved my car from the rear parking lot to the front (more well lit). It didn't look like a 'high crime' area, but maybe I'm kidding myself.
Staff: friendly and helpful (I didn't need much assistance)
Room: Clean...size was right for the price...bathroom was weirdly tiny. (Toilet and sink low to the ground...perfect for my child)
Hotel: Decent. I could hear the doorbell for the front all the way in my room near the end of the hall. My wife didn't notice. But it bothered me.
Price: Appropriate

Worst part of this hotel wasn't really with the hotel at all but with the fact that I signed up for Wyndham rewards during the booking process. Several months later I was accosted by a person (I really do me accosted) trying to sell me a resort investment through a third party related to my Wyndham rewards membership. I'll probably never stay at a Wyndham Chain again simply because of that practice. Too bad they picked the wrong partner.

Room Tip: Try to be as far away from front door as possible to avoid hearing the doorbell chime at all hours.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Super8chamberlayne, Manager at Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, Its was great serving you as a guest. Please be our guest whenever back in town. Thank you..
Maryland
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Convenient to I-95. Front desk is behind 'bulletproof' glass! It was really inexpensive, around $50, but $10 extra for our dog. We only stayed here because they allow dogs. The room was tiny but it was clean enough. We have a large dog and the walking area in the room was so narrow he had to back up rather than turn around!

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

When I first looked on Trip Advisor to check out this hotel, I realized that my search was turning up two different sets of reviews of the same hotel. Some were terrible, some were great. I'll add to the great pile and say this was a super find. Check in was quick and Jordan, I think, was very kind and welcoming, even behind the glass wall! The hotel was easy to find off 95 even at night.

We had a non-smoking double that was ample size for our needs. The bedding seemed brand new and the bathroom was sparkling. The breakfast area had cereal, waffles, drinks and was clean. It was supposed to close at 9 am on Sunday, which I thought was early, but it wasn't closed until after 10 am. We had a first floor room to the right of the lobby that was quiet, but those who were to the left would not have been able to sleep in late with the loud conversations in the hall by housekeeping beginning around 8:30 am.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who travel 95 and need a stopping place for a night or two.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Super8chamberlayne, Manager at Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
We appericiate your kind word,please visit our place whenever you back in town. Thank you..
Fairfield, New Jersey
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel while returning from Florida and going back home to NJ. It is very convenient off I-95 exit. Rooms are very good with excellent bedding, great and friendly staff.
Looks like hotel was rennovated recently with all new breakfast area, carpet etc.. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was basic but I would understand that I only paid 49 dollar for the room so I can't expect hampton inn breakfast. They had woffle machine so I made fresh delicious woffle. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They have elevator but I prefer downstair rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your time to say some words. We always welcome our guest comment and that's what encourage us to do better & better. Once again thank you..
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#41 of 81 in Richmond

Been to Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd? Share your experiences!