“Newly renovated”

Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed January 22, 2013

When I first looked on Trip Advisor to check out this hotel, I realized that my search was turning up two different sets of reviews of the same hotel. Some were terrible, some were great. I'll add to the great pile and say this was a super find. Check in was quick and Jordan, I think, was very kind and welcoming, even behind the glass wall! The hotel was easy to find off 95 even at night.

We had a non-smoking double that was ample size for our needs. The bedding seemed brand new and the bathroom was sparkling. The breakfast area had cereal, waffles, drinks and was clean. It was supposed to close at 9 am on Sunday, which I thought was early, but it wasn't closed until after 10 am. We had a first floor room to the right of the lobby that was quiet, but those who were to the left would not have been able to sleep in late with the loud conversations in the hall by housekeeping beginning around 8:30 am.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who travel 95 and need a stopping place for a night or two.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Super8chamberlayne, Manager at Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

We appericiate your kind word,please visit our place whenever you back in town. Thank you..

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel while returning from Florida and going back home to NJ. It is very convenient off I-95 exit. Rooms are very good with excellent bedding, great and friendly staff.
Looks like hotel was rennovated recently with all new breakfast area, carpet etc.. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was basic but I would understand that I only paid 49 dollar for the room so I can't expect hampton inn breakfast. They had woffle machine so I made fresh delicious woffle. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They have elevator but I prefer downstair rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your time to say some words. We always welcome our guest comment and that's what encourage us to do better & better. Once again thank you..

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Booked a King size non smoking bed through Wyndham. Traveled from Philadelphia at 2am, arrived to check in and the front desk clerk told me they have only double beds... Then she said they have a smoking king size bed. I asked to cancel but she told me I could not cancel. I was tired from driving 8 hrs so I took it. Got to the room it smelled like total cigarettes, the smoke detector was hanging from the roof, the bathtub was caving in, and to top it off people above us on the third floor were so loud at 4 am frm walking I got no sleep! Got a wake up call to remind us check out is at 11 am and the freakin phone wasn't even working!!!!' Worst Super 8 I ever stayed at... Avoid this hotel, drive further in town n get abetter room. ( the receptionist was very nice though)

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Kenchenii2000

Sorry for a bad experiance, we will work on all that area to improve ourselves. Thank you..

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here 1 night and the rooms have been recently renovated. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are very nicely decorated. The staff are terrific. We were caught in a storm in new York State and had a non cancelling reservation for this hotel. I called and explained the circumstances and they gladly changed our reservation to the next day for us. Customer service is very big for them. When we were there the owner was on site and introduced himself to us and asked if everything was o.k. We will stay here again on our back north.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Appericiate your words, please be our guest when you back in town. thank you for staying with Super 8.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

1  Thank JON C

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8chamberlayne, Manager at Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road
Airport Inn Motel Richmond
Airport Inn Motel Richmond
#51 of 82 in Richmond

Been to Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd? Share your experiences!