“Great value, old world feel”
Review of The Commonwealth

The Commonwealth
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I needed to extend my stay in Richmond and was put off by a rate increase at the Hotel I'd booked for the original period. I needed a more economical place to stay an extra night in Richmond, and this fit the bill.

Very conveniently located, great value and perfectly comfortable. Having been to the Pub down the street, I felt like I could have been staying in London! Don't be put off by the charmingly tiny elevator, the rooms are a great size for the location.

1  Thank CaptGreatBritain
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at The Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I will share your comments the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great room! Most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel. Huge rooms for downtown. Do not leave in the morning without stopping by the restaurant and meeting James! He lights up the room with his personality and bends over backwards to make sure that your breakfast is PERFECT! Thanks James!

1  Thank Melissa H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I have shared your comments with James and the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit. James joins me in thanking you for your stay.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Location is great! The hotel employees were all so kind and friendly. Everyone was always willing to make our stay pleasant. The rooms were very large and clean. James P. made the best breakfast. He greeted us with a smile and was very attentive through the meal. The food was delicious.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne L

Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I will share your comments with James and the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

At first I didn't like it. When I got there, I had to wait for what seemed three to five minutes for a desk clerk to show up and check me in. She had been in the back room behind the front desk all that time instead of at her post. Not a good sign, especially for someone trying to check in at 8:00 PM. But aside from that one aggravation, everything went great. The man in the restaurant was closing up as I entered, but he re-opened long enough to get me something to eat and drink, which I really appreciated. I found that same courtesy and consideration from everyone I dealt with. The valet people always had my car ready when I needed it, the front desk people were very kind and helpful.

The room was plenty large enough for a single traveler and could probably have accommodated a family as well. The fan was a little noisy, but so much as to bother me at night. Everything was clean and well maintained. All in all I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I will share your comments with the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit. I checked with Front desk agent and she said she had gone to use the rest room. I apologize for the wait.
We are happy that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before, but after another visit I wanted to follow up on my service at breakfast. I think James is the only person working at breakfast, and he is a whirlwind of energy, kindness, and attention. He seated me, took my order, made me an excellent meal, served it, cleaned the table, and brought the check. He hustled throughout the meal and kept a smile on his face- despite the rather grumpy, demanding person seated close to me. I usually eat a small breakfast, but I gorge at the Commonwealth.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I justed wanted to share how pleased I was with my room. It was big enough I could have brought my whole family. I also wanted to especially mention Jame's inthe Cafe. James was a pure delight. Not only did he provide the best service I've ever experienced but he was also an engaging person who brightened everyone's day. Every company should be fortunate to have some one like Jame's on their staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at The Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wanted to express my thoughts on the Commonwealth Parks Suites, I loved staying there and the people where outstanding. James and Adrew in the cafe, where very nice. I hope that I get a chance to stay there again. Thanks again to everyone at the Commonwealth Parks Suites.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I will share your comments with James , Andrew and the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit.