“Great Place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Place”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Great hotel with great location for seeing Richmond (surprisingly fun place!). Excellent value and very well maintained. The suite was huge and comfortable with 2 huge TVs. Very clean. Staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. Henry on the front desk was a gem, as well as the staff in the small cafe. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark O
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your patronage. Henry joins me in thanking you for the kind review.

Sincerely Anshu Kapoor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The Thompson & Leftwich family and friends loved their stay at the Commonwealth Park suites during the wedding weekend of Kelly Thompson & Greyson Leftwich. The suits were large enough to even accomadate the bridal party Hair & Make Up Brunch of around 15 ! The complimentary breakfast was really delicious too. What made the stay most enjoyable were the staff. They were very accomadating and really made all of our family & friends feel welcome. I'm still getting compliments from them about how nice their stay was.

2 Thank Linda2440
Dear MS. Thompson,
Congragulations on your daughter's wedding! Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your patronage.
Washingtonville, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was our second stay here. Highlights: Great location, it's across the street from the Capital building and a short walk to the Shockhoe Bottom area (17th street market, bars and restaurants, Main Street station). The suites are quite large as are the bedrooms. The staff is always friendly and very courteous. Very clean. We only had breakfast once in the restaurant. Great service, good food at typical hotel restaurant prices.
Down side: Living room furniture could use some refurbishment. Parking downtown is spotty at best so you almost have to Valet park it. The toilets are very low. We were traveling with an elderly person and it was somewhat of an issue for them.
We would go back.

Room Tip: Weekend prices are an exceptioal value
2 Thank rayl1957
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your patronage. We do have some ADA compliant rooms, kindly request those rooms if travelling with elderly people.
We have just upgraded the artwork in all the rooms we will be updating the furniture in the rooms too.

Greenville, SC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is very nice. The rooms were huge! The staff was very professional and friendly. We loved having two large flat screen TV's, the fridge, and microwave. This hotel exceeded our expectations! We did not like the difficulty in parking though. The valet parking was very nice, but after we left Richmond, we found that our car had been badly dinged while parked the night before. Of course, that could happen anywhere!

1 Thank 2et
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. Please call me at 8043437300, so that I can get the details from you and call our insurance company. I can assure we rarely have these kind of issues. If I remember correctly the last one we had was in December.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We couldn't ask for better location, the hotel was right across the street from the State Capitol, walking distance to Shockoe Slip district, the Confederacy Museum. Our room was huge, it was more like an apartment with a big sitting room, bedroom and nice size bathroom with a bidet. Everything seemed to be in good working condition, very comfortable bed and new furniture. Highly recommend!

My only complaint is that it was a little noisy as the windows are older and not that tight. So you might want to bring earplugs just in case.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Olga C
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate the feedback. We are looking into the issue of noise. If it is not too much of trouble kindly call us at 8043437300 and give us the room number in which you stayed.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was my first stay in Richmond and we could not have selected a better hotel to stay in. the staff was very warm, accommodating, and helped us pick things to do and see while we were in Richmond. I am a Christian and wanted to attend church before leaving Sunday and Nicole found a nice church for me to attend. Nicole is just one of the asset employees working at the hotel and she was very determined to make sure I smiled while I was in Richmond as I was kinda frazzled when I arrived at the hotel. I just want to say thank you so much for everything!!! Though I probably won't be back to Richmond...if I ever return I will stay at the Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chillync
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to learn that Nicole went above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I stayed here for six days. For the cost, it is a great place to stay. The staff was pleasant and attentive. The rooms were huge and it was convenient to Richmond's entertainment district Shockoe Bottom. It is an simple old hotel that has its own character. The rooms are basic, but the space makes up for it. The hotel has valet parking, at $12 a day, and offers FREE internet. The hotel has a small diner, but I did not eat there. However, my friends enjoyed their meals there, so it is worth checking out. My only disappointment was my room smelled of smoke. Other than dealing with the smell of smoke in my room, I enjoyed my stay at Commonwealth. I were to ever visit Richmond again, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Parties of 2 more, be sure to get the suite
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank twin4uab
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. Please ask for a non- smoking room, I am assuming that you were on a smoking floor.