“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 88 Hotels in Richmond
Dillwyn, Virginia
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

The staff was great to work with. Clean rooms. Relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Chuck S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I paid a visit to Richmond, and stayed at this Hotel. Its very modern and clean. A nice indoor pool and small gym . What I like most about this hotel is theyre cafe/restaurant. Theyre TV's at the tables by the window and a Starbucks there as well. I would definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for breakfast when booking your room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gorges36
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed at Courtyard on Business trip. The rooms have been renovated. There is a Bistro bar in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New Philadelphia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

First off I make several trips to Richmond a year, and always book on Priceline. I booked two rooms for March 22nd for two nights. Check in was a breeze in the newly remodeled lobby. The rooms were both very clean. It was warm while we were there and the A/C worked fine. The bathrooms were clean. The bed was very comfortable. My only gripe is the so called bar area off the lobby. You could order food, and drinks there. I sat there both nights and watched some NCAA B-Ball. The prices for the food seemed pretty high, but not like the price of a bottle of beer. I could have (should have) bought a six pack for the cost of one of their luke warm beers. Overall for $55.00 a night it was hard to beat.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NPPD04
Baltimore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

First, this hotel is undergoing major renovation, so hopefully there are improvements when it is completed in Feb 2012. The front entrance is no longer in use, and the check in triples as the business center and the marketplace-- very crammed. All of that I can get over, since the property states clearly on their website that they are in renovations. What I cannot forgive, however, is the lack of cleanliness. My socks were disgusting on the bottom after walking around in my room for the evening. I am hoping that the room I was in has not been renovated, because it was really gross. Even more disturbing/gross, though, was the fact that when I entered the bathroom, there was an ALREADY USED, STILL WET washcloth hanging off the door handle. Had I not already changing into loungewear, I would have gone down to the front desk! I also did not feel safe in this hotel-- the hallways are dingy and as a single female traveler, I was not comfortable in a room with a walk-up patio outside and a connecting door inside. I heard noise outside the door all night and did not sleep well. Creepy. Not a good experience, and I will choose a different property in the area if I need to return for business.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Hotel was clean and neat! But there reservation system for Marriott sucks, and I will never stay at another marriott property again! They take your reservation online and you can pick what type of room you want! But really it should say that we will give you whatever room we want so deal with it! I reserved a king room and got a double room, why? Cause some guy who walked in the front door and didn't have a reservation wanted a king room, and they said lets screw this guy on the room rate and make a little more money! Oh as a bonous we can screw one of our Marriott rewards member at the same time!!!! Woohoo! I guess any idiot can take a reservation, but you must have a brain to hold a reservation! Screw me once shame on you! Screw me twice shame on me! I know that won't happen, so long Marriott I wish you best of luck, and a [--] load of bed bugs!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Suffolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for the forth time in the past two years. Check in went quickly, the hotel staff is very accomodating and helpful and the room was clean. There were several "dirty spots," which looked like food on the carpet, which needed to be cleaned or removed.

The bathroom left a bit to be desired. The liner to the shower curtain was not attached to all the hooks and caused a good deal of water on the floor while taking showers. There were three towels and wash cloths in the bathroom on the day we checked. The second day we only received two towels and wash cloths. I don't like to use a wash cloth to wash my face in the morning when I get up that I had used to wash my butt the night before when showering. The towels and wash cloths needed to be replaced. They were very thin and worn feeling. These things may not be a big deal to some, but I expect better quality from Marriott.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
#5 of 22 in Glen Allen
4.5 of 5 stars 87 reviews
Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Been to Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump? Share your experiences!