“Nice hotel! Will never stay with Marriott again!”

Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Hotel was clean and neat! But there reservation system for Marriott sucks, and I will never stay at another marriott property again! They take your reservation online and you can pick what type of room you want! But really it should say that we will give you whatever room we want so deal with it! I reserved a king room and got a double room, why? Cause some guy who walked in the front door and didn't have a reservation wanted a king room, and they said lets screw this guy on the room rate and make a little more money! Oh as a bonous we can screw one of our Marriott rewards member at the same time!!!! Woohoo! I guess any idiot can take a reservation, but you must have a brain to hold a reservation! Screw me once shame on you! Screw me twice shame on me! I know that won't happen, so long Marriott I wish you best of luck, and a [--] load of bed bugs!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for the forth time in the past two years. Check in went quickly, the hotel staff is very accomodating and helpful and the room was clean. There were several "dirty spots," which looked like food on the carpet, which needed to be cleaned or removed.

The bathroom left a bit to be desired. The liner to the shower curtain was not attached to all the hooks and caused a good deal of water on the floor while taking showers. There were three towels and wash cloths in the bathroom on the day we checked. The second day we only received two towels and wash cloths. I don't like to use a wash cloth to wash my face in the morning when I get up that I had used to wash my butt the night before when showering. The towels and wash cloths needed to be replaced. They were very thin and worn feeling. These things may not be a big deal to some, but I expect better quality from Marriott.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Room was OK. It was clean and friendly. TV is extremely old and difficult to watch with limited channels.
Breakfast was OK but for $10???Breakfast staff were excellent

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great Great food selection within minutes of the hotel. One of the greatest malls in the country within 5 minutes. Easy access to I-64 and I-295. You have parks nearby, Concert venues close, amusement park within a 25 minute drive. City nightlife just a short drive away. Nothing to complain about at this hotel. I stay in about 20 Marriotts a year and the staff at this hotel was amazing. Breakfast was a little pricey for the selection. There were a lot of kids in the hotel that weekend. Due to a nearby baseball tournament. Overall a 5 star hotel. For lunch one day, Go check out Joey's Hot Dogs. Great stuff. Also check out www.downtownshortpump.com for all the local area info.

Room Tip: Go check out the mall.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank DaveNthe804
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Brian, Front Desk Clerk, really went the extra mile to ensure all our needs were met during our entire stay. Check in was efficient and a late check out was granted. Hotel is centrally located and an excellent value for the price. Would also recommend the made to order breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We have once again stayed at this facility for 4 nights- Once again we attest to Bryan (guest service specialist) being a kind, caring, attentive, professional and a true asset to this property. Add to this the facility inside and out is cared for and up to date. Pool and spa is always clean. No small task as there were many children who used this hotel. We ask for a quiet area and it always is. The location as I have stated before is absolutely great. Near the Short Pump mall and all the ammenities- grocery- restaurants, etc. We have stayed at almost all the properties in this area===and since we travel for a living------we know a good property from a bad one and there are few very few GREAT ones- Count this one of the great ones. Thanks Again Bryan for making our stay a great one.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dawn2010
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed on our way to the beach for an overnight. After nine hours in the car, this was very welcome stop. The room was large, well appointed, very clean and the bed tremendous! We were too late upon our arrival to take advantage of the pool, but there were several eateries nearby that we could walk to. The desk staff were all very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nigmal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump? Share your experiences!