“Excellent for a conference” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown
Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersGold level
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent for a conference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

My experience at the Crowne Plaza was exceptional. It was a perfect venue for the conference and the customer service was exceptional. I was especially please when Amber the night manager went out of her way to return a parcel to me that I had left behind. I am so grateful for her diligence in making sure that parcel made its way back to me. The hotel was very clean and the buffet food we had during the conference was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to the Richmond area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Hello Kristin M.. thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as you have returned from your most recent Conference. I believe spending an extended stay allows you a true feel for what our hotel offers. I will pass on your comments to Amber and her team as well. We hope you will have a chance to visit again from Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We had a group of 6 stay at the Crowne in 3 different rooms. The level of this hotel basically reminds me of a hampton inn. The Room was clean, however the AC in my room didn't work well. It was putting out cold air, but it took all night to drop the room 2 degrees once the sun went down, and it was hot during the day. My friends had to move from their room as the refrigerator, tv, and a few other items did not work. They got moved into a room where the ac didn't work. The 3rd couple came out their room and found incense burning in the hallway to try to cover up the marijuana smoking going on in the room next door. The location of the hotel is nice, and the room was clean. The hotel was scuffed up on the walls and needed some definite renovations. The water pressure in the room was good. If the AC worked and I didn't hear all the stories about the problems my friends were experience I would of had a better experience. The breakfast buffet was real good too, even though it was not complimentary. Well worth it though with made to order waffles and omelettes. I will not be staying here again when we come back to Richmond, I plan on going over to the omni and hocking up a few more bucks a night. Wifi would connect but weak signal and super slow. Some of my friends couldn't even connect. I used my data on my phone and tethered all weekend instead of sitting there waiting for nothing to load on their wifi.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mathew, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your valuable feedback from your group. I apologize that we did not provide the experience you deserve. I would love the chance to make this a much more positive experience. As you return to Richmond please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure your experience is beyond what you mention in your future plans. I hope to hear from you soon..
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

My recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown was non other than excellent. I am traveling a far distance and was just staying for the night but they exceeded my expectations.

When I checked the bellman was waiting for my arrival waiting to get all my bags to the room. For $85 the room MUCH better than I thought. Great view of the city, clean and modern.

When booking I was able to get breakfast, and for the price of $5 my expectations were once again exceeded. I though it was gunna be bananas and orange juice. I was surprised to see hot dishes, an omelette bar, fresh fruit and more.

Overall I had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed August 2014
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear The Write Review, thank you for your review of our property and choosing the Crowne Plaza Richmond. We hope you will return when you will have a chance to stay longer and enjoy our hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here for one night for business. I stayed in room 420 which had a "City View".... That means construction on a side street. The hotel was fair. The work out room is very small with a couple of treadmills and weights. The elevators are VERY SLOW. The breakfast buffet was included in my room rate and was really good. It included an omelet station, fruit, bacon, sausage, and more. The wifi was free and pretty fast. The hotel is close to fun things in the city. There was an awesome shuttle service to the restaurants that were nearby. Not sure that I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lori F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We do receive many compliments on our breakfast and are glad that you enjoyed it., as well as the complimentary shuttle service. We continually strive to exceed guests expectations. On high occupancy dates, the elevators do experience higher traffic volume. Thank you for allowing us to host you while in Richmond. We sincerely hope to see you again.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel was great and personal service and hospitality was outstanding, especially from the shuttle service which is the best I have ever encountered, especially from drivers Mr. Pete, Thomas, Ramone and Train. I strongly recommend this hotel for those who wish to stay downtown in historic Richmond.

Room Tip: Ask for handicap rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for allowing us to serve you during your recent stay in Richmond. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality. We hope to see you again soon!
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is without a doubt, the best hotel experience I have ever had, and I mean from A to Z. Everything about this hotel screams professionalism and customer service. Check in was great, the room ( I stayed in a suite), was awesome...great view of the city. Breakfast at the in house restaurant was a welcome change from the run of the mill "continental breakfast." The food and service were top notch. Whomever the general manager is, I say to him/her, well done.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Hello Pierre D, thank you for taking the time to provide your review and feedback. Your remarks will be shared with our team today! Return soon to our Awesome Hotel!
Lake Alfred, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Richmond is Rich in History but Crowne Plaza hit it big Althea. She is the kind of person you feel like you know and would stop by again just to see her. After along trip, she made us feel right at home and truly went above and beyond service (or maybe that is they way it should always be). We did have a problem with our room but they way she handled it basically erases it completely. The hotel is a perfect location for history and rock jumping! Too bad we were just there one night passing through....I surely could have stayed longer! Thank you Althea for being my momma when I was there :).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Elisha S
Dear Elisha S, thank you for your comments and feedback. We apologize for any issues with your room however thankful that Althea came to the rescue. We will share your comments with our team today and make sure that we acknowledge Althea's rescue! We hope that you return soon for a longer stay!