“Michael at the Bar”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was in town for one night and had a great experience! Especially Michael Dunsworth. Michael took excellent care of us all night! On a crowded night, as everyone came down to watch the World Cup games, we never once felt like we had to wait for service. Many thanks to Michael and E Ron.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sshafaei
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hello Sshafaei. thank you for taking time to provide your valuable feedback. Our team in our GreatRoom Bar and Lounge will be proud to hear your feedback. We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am a huge advocate for great customer service. The second I have to deal with a grouchy worker, the experience is completely ruined for me. We stayed here for our 1 year wedding anniversary. This place not only has great rooms for a very reasonable price, but also has the very best customer service. From the lady that checked us in, to Tamas who drove us to and from dinner, to Artilo who served us drinks and food at the bar, the service was over the top. They went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. The lady at the front dest even offered to call the restaurant herself to ensure our reservation would be held because we were running a few minutes late-- (the place told us prior that they would only hold a reservation for 10 minutes). The room was awesome-- aside from a lack of sound insulation-- but you definately can't beat it for the price! We had a suite with hard floors, no carpet, and a huge, almost wrap-around, window view of the city and river. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Mrs. Mere Lynn, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your valuable review of our property. Yes, we believe in Great Service! I will pass your comments onto Tomas and Attilla they will be proud.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Hotel appears nice in the lobby, however, my room was not very clean and there were blood strains on one of the washcloths in the bathroom. The beds air worn out and need to be replaced. As soon as I entered the room, my eyes began to water and throat began to ache due to the overuse of air freshener that the housekeepers had sprayed in the room. The walls are paper thin... Even WITH EARPLUGS - I could easily hear the guy in the next room coughing along with what seemed like 30+ doors being opened and closed in the hallway. I still can't figure out why there were so many people coming/going from/to their rooms at 1:45AM in a Thursday morning! Would NOT recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Av8torGuy, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide our hotel with your review and feedback. We apologize for your multiple issues. Your stay was at the least was unacceptable and not what you deserve. Our management team will review your input and share with our staff today. Again thank you for taking the time.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed here for travel for 4 days/3 nights, and it was a nice enough hotel. The room was clean (except for the previous occupants water bottle in the mini-fridge...gross because I took a sip of it before I realized that it wasn't new). The staff at the front desk wasn't overly friendly, but it isn't something that would keep me from going back on my next trip. If you like to enjoy some alone time with lots of quiet and good service for an adult beverage, the hotel lounge is for you. It was nearly empty every night (weeknights), and the bartenders were FANTASTIC! They even got us blankets to curl up on the couches when they saw that we were chilly.

The hotel's restaurant makes made-to-order omelets, which was really nice.

Would I stay there again? Sure...however, if I were craving a bit more entertainment and things to do, I might look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Hello Beachlover155, thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We hope you return soon to our Very Quiet Hotel.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Throughout my stay, I was received help from many bellman. They were always pleasant and helpful. Orlando was especially pleasant and I had an enjoyable conversation with him while he took me to my destination. I appreciated all of the friendly staff during my stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Hello Dawn G, thank you for taking the time to pass on your remarks and observations. Orlando has established a regular group of weekly customers that enjoy his service and company. We hope you return again soon to enjoy our friendly staff.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a solid 4 star hotel. There are a couple of things to be aware of when choosing this one. 1.)The gym is actually not located in the Hotel it seems. Weekdays I think they have a neighboring facility they use but on weekends you would have to go out and travel a few blocks to use a gym with which they have an arrangement.
2.) The neighborhood is a little loud with late night activities on the weekends so you might want to opt for a higher floor to distance yourself from the 1 am whoops and hollers.
3.) check in was smooth. They did not have a room with 2 beds for us so we had no choice but to take a single bed room.

Room Tip: see above notes
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Hello Bigsky3, we sincerely appreciate you taking the tme to review our hotel. I apologize that we did not do a good job letting you know our fitness center is available next our pool. However we also offer extended workout needs via our local YMCA. Again thank you for taking the time to provide your input. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am a firm believer in first impressions! We were very disappointed in our check in at this hotel. Especially being the fact that we were checked in by the Front Desk Supervisor/Manager Ja'el. It was very obvious she did not like her job. Very short. Seemed very disgusted by our questions. Would cut us off half of the time and was unable to even inquire about certain things. We were wanting to split the room and pay cash. She did not like that. Then it turns out that she overcharged us....we found this out at the time of check out. We finally get that resolved. Then when I check my bank account the week after they had charged me double!! Not a very pleasant experience. Whether you like your job or not....you better have a smile on your face and act like you do. If it were not for the customer staying at your accommodation you would not get a pay check!! However....when I called about the billing issue....I spoke to Janet and she was VERY apologetic and VERY helpful. She was right on it. Took it directly to accounting where they immediately credited my account! THANK YOU JANET....WISH YOU WOULD HAVE CHECKED US IN!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kim S
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Kim S, we sincerely thank you for taking the time and effort to provide feedback that we believe to be valuable to our operation. We are very sorry for your experience and we do know that the first Impression you recieved can not and should not happen. This will be discussed in detail. Again thank you for your feedback.