“Enjoyed our stay!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Rocklin, California
“Enjoyed our stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I booked about 10 rooms for a family wedding over Memorial Day weekend. We got a great rate, gorgeous river views, & a good location downtown Richmond. The front desk especially but all of the staff we encountered were very nice & helpful. We are priority club so we got a few extras. We had breakfast included with our rate which was nice. The only downside was the cost of breakfast for members of our group that did not have it included. I definitely would recommend this hotel for a group!

Room Tip: Ask for a River View, very scenic!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Joy P, thank you for booking our hotel for a wonderful family/wedding Memorial Day weekend. Your kind comments about our staff, location and great view are much appreciated. We hope to see your family again soon.

Scott Jones, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Greek first
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our family used a special deal set up by my niece the weekend of her wedding on June 1. For that reason alone, I can't be too critical of this facility. However, now that I've experienced this hotel, I am not sure I'd return. Why? Well, the beds and pillows were way too soft. Our entire party, representing about 3 rooms, said the same thing. I was able to request a different pillow for my second night (and gave a tip) and then I slept a lot better. The toilet in our room (1517) seemed to settle whenever I sat on it...a bit disconcerting. The flat-screen t.v. had very fuzzy reception on some channels, both local and national. I was watching one show and it was hard to adjust to the rhythmic interludes of decent vs fuzzy reception, and that lasted throughout the program.
We had vouchers for $3.00 discount on the buffet breakfast and we ate there both mornings of our stay. There was really nowhere else we could've walked to in this area of downtown Richmond. It was so-so, some of the party complained that the eggs were cold, the pancakes dry and the cut-up fruit over-ripe. On Sunday (when the cost mysteriously jumped) I ordered a made-to-order omelette which was very good, but some in the party said they were told there would be no more replenishment of food items and this was well before the 11am close. Otherwise, the customer service was efficient and I have nothing but kudos for the staff I encountered.
Joseph, who offered me a new pillow was especially kind. One last thing: coming out of the elevator on our floor, I could see a lovely view of the river and railroad; however, our room was on the other side and we had no real view...just city buildings and back streets. If you want that nice view, be sure to ask for an even-numbered room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. The 13th floor has a so-called "quiet zone" as noted on a post...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear CarlOt, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. This morning I have had the connection to the TV and the toilet seat adjusted. I have passed on your input concerning our breakfast buffet to our F&B Director. My apologies that these adjustments had not been made before you checked in. Our pillow top beds and heavenly pillows have been a hit with many however we do attempt to have a selection of pillows if needed. Many wedding blocks are not set to cover Sunday night stays, however we do allow if the need to extend occurs. Thank you for mentioning our view over looking the River and the service you received...

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was clean and tidy, the staff were great. The only downer for us was the location. We found out that Downtown Richmond appeared pretty deserted after hours.. we know it is a business centre but there appeared to be a lack of restaurants and not too many shops either. Whilst for the close Attractions such as the Museum of the Confederacy, Tredagar were very handy to the hotel there isnot much else around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrianandFab
Dear BrianandFab, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that our staff did not introduce you to the local flare of Shockoe Slip and the River Front just blocks away. The Slip has many shops, Cafe's and well know nightly entertainment. Our hotel also offers shuttle service if the need to expand your local search for a good time. Thank you for mentioning the great service our hotel offers!!

Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for the first time and had never been to a Crowne Plaza. This was a great experience. The front desk person upgraded me to a river view room just because. I could not believe how nice they were! The bellman was right there to assist me, turned the lights on in my room for me and wished me a good night's sleep. They are so genuine! I did eat breakfast in the restaurant - the buffet was delicious, and they even had a chef making omelettes and waffles! I could not have had a better stay and thank you for making a stranger in your town feel so welcome!

Room Tip: Ask for a room so you can see the river
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hello Chloe, thank you for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your review and hope you return soon to our Wonderful Experience!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have used the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown for several Advisory Council Meetings (35+ attendees) and have always been pleased with both the planning process and the day-of attention to details. The friendliness and response of all staff has been excellent as well. In addition, the food quality and delivery has always been exceptional. I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Downtown Richmond for meetings and events!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you Becky B for your review. Our Catering staffed teamed with operations appreciates your business and observations. I will pass on your input to our Chef and Banquet staff concerning the food quality and service. Hope to book your next Advisory Council meeting soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was very clean - we had great service from the employees. The hotel has a pool - very clean - and a small gym but good enough to get a good workout. The hotel gave a us free shuttle to and from the Convention Center - they were prompt and reliable. We did have an issue with the refrigerator in our room, but the staff was very quick to resolve it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Frank S
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Frank S, thank you for taking the time as you return from the East Coast Volleyball Champs to post a review of our property. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel pool and workout facilities....Our shuttle service is one of our focus points realizing movement around the city on a sold out weekend can be difficult. Thank you for letting our team know about the fridge so that we are able to resolve. Good luck to your club at the upcoming Nationals...

Fredericksburg,Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed one night while attending a wedding. We received a discounted rate of $99 for a King bed room. The room an bathroom was very clean an spacious. Bed was very comfortable but the new pillows were a bit hard for my liking. Large flat screen tv and a fridge were in the room. The bathroom was nice with good lighting, a pull out magnifying mirror was on the wall. Tub had a curved shower rod which allowed for more room and the shower head was very new and nice with good water pressure. No one was attending the parking garage (it was a weekend so I don't know if that is normal or not) so we didn't have any parking fees. We walked two blocks to the The Capitol Ale House for drinks. Front desk was easy for check in, no problems. We would use this hotel again for the discounted rate.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1020 which faced the city. I would suggest the opposite side that faces the river...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Beach Girly58, thank you for the most recent review. I know that the city and hotel had a very busy weekend. As you noted this time of the year when you plan ahead we offer multiple package deals that are a great value....Hope to see you soon!