Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
Omni Hotels
$135
Hotels.com
1,011 results
All reviewsfront deskjames rivershuttle servicevan driverparking garagebreakfast buffethotel shuttlecanal walkexcellent customer servicefree shuttlechecking inshockoe slipconvention centertomastamascrownwalton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown for VUU’s 2012 Homecoming. The free parking and breakfast buffet were wonderful inclusions; although I did not partake of the buffet. It appeared the hotel was not adequately prepared to accommodate the massive crowd which was VUU and another large convention.
One problem was that at any given time elevators were out of commission and the wait time was as long as thirty minutes which was horrific. My room was on the fourteenth floor and the expectation for any guest to take the stairs to the higher floors was unfathomable.
The lodging accommodations were mediocre at best. The bathroom was not cleaned well as many long hairs were found in the sink and all over the floor. In addition, the tub drain was clogged. The water was extremely slow draining which held me hostage as I couldn’t clean the tub then take a shower in a timely manner in preparation for the many scheduled activities. But the most awful part was the mildew in the crevices of the tub tiles. The front desk was notified about the problems and the drain problem was eradicated, but mildew problem was not.
On Saturday, housekeeping did not service the room (the do not disturb sign was not on the door nor did anyone knock while the room was occupied) nor were the dirty towels (which were on the bathroom floor) retrieved, but clean towels were left.
Lastly, there was a problem with the door closing; it had to be push hard for complete closure.

1  Thank akatudeqt
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I would recommend this hotel if you have business in the financial district of Richmond. It is about 3 blocks from the River Walk. My wife and I really enjoyed the historic walk. I would highly recommend the consigliere floor. During the week there is a louge with coffee and light foods. It is open in the morning and evening. The room was very nice with the exception that the edge of our bed was broken down a bit like everyone sat on it to get dressed or something. It gave the illusion of falling out of bed if you rolled to close. Get one on the river side of the hotel. The view is worth it. My only other complaint is that luggage trolleys were not made available without a bellman. I like to move my own luggage but this hotel's policy forces you into a position of having to tip. I also found hot water pressure to be low making the shower only adequate. It is the only hotel we have stayed at lately to provide a shower cap which made my wife quite happy.

Room Tip: I recommend joining Priority Club before making a reservation here. The benefits are good and you are likely to get a free upgrade. A higher room on the river side is best. These rooms have blackout drapes if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ppierce_57
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Hello ppierce57, thank you for providing your valuable feedback that has been very helpful in bettering our hotel. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I read the reviews before I booked. Some were awful. I took a chance. The hotel was clean, the room comfortable; there is a gym, pool and jacuzzi and a good restaurant. They even have a shuttle. I found the staff friendly and helpful, especially Desiree and Michelle. Ask for a river view room.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, river view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tzipster

Hello Tzipster, thank you for providing feedback that has been used by over staff and management to better our services and product. We hope you return many more times to enjoy our wonderful River View!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had an awesome time at the Downtown Richmond Crowne Plaza for VUU's 2012 Homecoming. The staff was awesome as they greeted us with their VUU tee shirts on and a banner welcoming VUU to the CP (Nice Touch). The staff was very friendly. Ernest made everyone feel at home in the Great Room. Lisa Hamiliton treated us like royalty. Also Grant and Ben did an excellent job making sure the ball room was set up for the official homecoming dance.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a view of the canal!
4  Thank MRWHITE1865
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Mr. White thank you for your compliments concerning your stay this past weekend. I appreciate your many kind words about our staff and Hotel. We are looking forward to hosting more events in the future.

C. Scott Jones

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for a local university's homecoming. The hotel is off the beaten path and isn't easy to find (don't use MapQuest for directions). The hotel is old but big. Unfortunately, there are only 3 elevators in this big hotel and the hotel was booked and crowded due to an Amway convention. It appears the Crowne Plaza was the overflow hotel for one of the other hotels. We waited 20 minutes to use the elevator and finally decided to walk the 10 flight of stairs to get to the 2nd floor (we were on the 12th floor). This was a daily occurrence with the elevator. Many times the elevator capacity exceeded the weight limit. The only saving grace to this hotel was it offered an appealing breakfast buffet and they validate parking. The front drive way of the hotel cannot accommodate drop off of guests. The staff were nice. Do not use your check card when checking into the hotel. Always use a credit card. They didn't have the sign posted in guest's view so they put a hold on payment if you use your check/debit card. The stem to the bathroom faucet was broken. The bath soap was broken but in package. They do have a mini refrig and microwave in the guest rooms which was very nice however it does take up closet space if you have more than one person in the room. We constantly had to push in the lock bolt on the door because the door wouldn't close all the way.

1  Thank mahmeh

Dear Mahmeh, thank you for your review. I apologize that our hotel was so crowded and the movement of the multiple groups staying in Richmond slowed our elevators. We consider your input valuable and healthy as we evaluate our services.

C. Scott Jones