Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
$146
$125
Travelocity
1,011 results
All reviewsfront deskjames rivershuttle servicevan driverparking garagebreakfast buffethotel shuttlecanal walkexcellent customer servicefree shuttlechecking inshockoe slipconvention centertomastamascrownwalton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

i have stayed here a couple times for breakfast. The rooms as decent (as one would expect) but the walls are just so thin that i can hear the guy next to me dialing the phone and talking at 3am, not his fault that the hotel is poorly built. The breakfast offering is ok, the guy cooking at the live station did a VERY poor job. I was quite disappointed and wish they had a bit more to offer

Room Tip: get one away from the elevators and hopefully no one staying on either side, but how would you know :) DOH !
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank popo-tx
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Crown Plaza this weekend and were expecting to find a nice clean room. We were sadly mistaken. My daughter spilled some water on the carpet in the room and when I went to clean it up the towel came up brown! So GROSS!! The beds were uncomfortable and the couch didn't pull out forcing our son to sleep in just the couch instead of a bed. We asked for a crib at check in (5pm) and when we got back to the hotel after dinner (7:30pm) still no crib. We called again and waited 30 minutes for it to be delivered. The walls were also paper thin allowing us to hear EVERYTHING from the hall and the next room. Very disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bet1550
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Bet1550,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am delighted that you found our location commendable. I apologize your stay was negatively affected by the cleanliness of the room accommodations received. I wish to thank you for your valuable comments as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 3, 2012

In town for a weeding. Under time constraints to sign in, get Grandsons outfitted with tuxes, and go to a rehearsal. Front desk was super in letting us sign in early, helped us with a shuttle to the rehearsal dinner and the next day to the reception. Everyone with whom we interacted was polite, helpful, and cheerful. Clean spacious rooms were great, price was competitive, and would stay there again. Can't emphasize the level of quality service in all parts of our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mooseman14
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2015

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Dated furnishings and long wait for elevators which also stop at every floor takes away the joy of staying at this otherwise great hotel. Buffet breakfast was a daily event to look forward to with friendly servers and a decent spread. Good that this remains a business hotel, which would otherwise be passed over by comfort seeking leisure travelers like me.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear instantclick,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am pleased you liked our breakfast. I also appreciate the compliments on the breakfast staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. On the other hand, I am sorry that you encountered some issues with the elevator. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen Gray
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I think the biggest issue I had with this hotel was that it was not the quality I was expecting. I had stayed in Crowne Plaza’s in other cities in the past, and historically, the name is associated with luxury. The Crown Plaza in Richmond was not luxurious in any capacity. Certain standard amenities I would expect at a Crowne Plaza that are not offered at this hotel include: valet parking, on demand movie rental, in-room bar, and high quality room service. There was a choice of 1 bad bottle of red wine or 1 bad bottle of white wine to be delivered to the room.
If I was paying to stay in a lower-end hotel, I would have been happy with what I was provided, but I was paying to stay in the Crowne Plaza.

Besides the lacking standard amenities offered in high-end hotels, the food at the hotel restaurant was horrible (and cold). I should have taken a hint when we walked into an empty restaurant at 6:30 on a Friday night.

Our room was OK. It had a low-quality fake wooden laminate flooring that felt like plastic, and all the cleaning room had swiffers on their carts, which I thought was funny. One other item about the room was that the walls were paper thin. We could hear everything happening in the halls, even if it was just someone walking down the hallway, not talking. Overally, probably not a place I will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback!