“Great Service”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 3, 2012

In town for a weeding. Under time constraints to sign in, get Grandsons outfitted with tuxes, and go to a rehearsal. Front desk was super in letting us sign in early, helped us with a shuttle to the rehearsal dinner and the next day to the reception. Everyone with whom we interacted was polite, helpful, and cheerful. Clean spacious rooms were great, price was competitive, and would stay there again. Can't emphasize the level of quality service in all parts of our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mooseman14
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2015

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Dated furnishings and long wait for elevators which also stop at every floor takes away the joy of staying at this otherwise great hotel. Buffet breakfast was a daily event to look forward to with friendly servers and a decent spread. Good that this remains a business hotel, which would otherwise be passed over by comfort seeking leisure travelers like me.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear instantclick,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am pleased you liked our breakfast. I also appreciate the compliments on the breakfast staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. On the other hand, I am sorry that you encountered some issues with the elevator. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen Gray
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I think the biggest issue I had with this hotel was that it was not the quality I was expecting. I had stayed in Crowne Plaza’s in other cities in the past, and historically, the name is associated with luxury. The Crown Plaza in Richmond was not luxurious in any capacity. Certain standard amenities I would expect at a Crowne Plaza that are not offered at this hotel include: valet parking, on demand movie rental, in-room bar, and high quality room service. There was a choice of 1 bad bottle of red wine or 1 bad bottle of white wine to be delivered to the room.
If I was paying to stay in a lower-end hotel, I would have been happy with what I was provided, but I was paying to stay in the Crowne Plaza.

Besides the lacking standard amenities offered in high-end hotels, the food at the hotel restaurant was horrible (and cold). I should have taken a hint when we walked into an empty restaurant at 6:30 on a Friday night.

Our room was OK. It had a low-quality fake wooden laminate flooring that felt like plastic, and all the cleaning room had swiffers on their carts, which I thought was funny. One other item about the room was that the walls were paper thin. We could hear everything happening in the halls, even if it was just someone walking down the hallway, not talking. Overally, probably not a place I will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We spent four nights at the property while attending the Eastern Zone Long Course Championship just outside the city. The location was convenient to 95 but also convenient to all the highlights in the city. I especially enjoyed being able to run along the James River and also being able to walk to a number of good restaurants for dinner. The hospitality at the hotel was very friendly, the property clean, the hotel food good. I would return to this property if visiting Richmond again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I know that Zone swim meets can create a great memory as you look back!! Thank you for staying with our hotel.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Jerald is an excellent representative for Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown. He went out of his way to assist our group from Sun King Dance Camp...he provided us with excellent shuttle service to our many destinations as was always smiling! Jeanie, front desk representative, was very helpful and offered to take care of any problems we might have during our stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: ask for river view..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for the glowing remarks! Our shuttle service is enjoyed by many and monthly scores highly on our customer satisfaction index as does the Front Desk... It will be our pleasure to welcome you and your friends back again soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Crowne Plaza Downtown over the weekend of August 3rd. The front desk staff was extremely nice and very helpful. There was a large party at the end of the hall that was extremely loud on Saturday. This could be heard 10-12 rooms down the hall from the suite the party was being held in. The worst part of the stay had to be the elevator experience. Every time we attempted to use the elevator, we had to wait at least 10 minutes to get on. The elevator on the opposite wall is not on the same system as the other, so the elevator stops on just about every floor even though no one is there. The elevator system needs a complete overhaul. It seemed like every time we were on the elevator, other guests were also talking about waiting an extremely long time to ride the elevator. This could be a really nice hotel if some things were improved.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill B

We are grateful for your feedback. I apoligize for the wait time you experienced as we transitioned to our moderized elevators. We have completed our highest volumn elevators in our tower for quick movement. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I come from the Hamptons where EVERYONE is impossible!!! Whitney, Orville, and Mana were unmistakably the best and most professional service providers I've EVER experienced!!! This is our third time at this hotel, and EVERYONE is OUTSTANDING!!! EVERY time we've stayed here!!! Even management is MORE than accommodating!!! The ENTIRE staff deserves YOUR utmost respect!!! I don't know HOW to PRAISE this staff enough for their dedication. I can't WAIT to return to this place!!! BEST HOTEL I've EVER stayed in... Hands down!!!

Room Tip: This is my third time here, and every room has been above and beyond "average!!!"
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a complimentary review. We are very proud of our employees and the efforts to make a true difference. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.