“Hurrican Irene Response”

GreenLeadersGold level
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Hurrican Irene Response”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My travel was related to Hurricane Irene. Mary Wells (front desk) was superb at facilitating my groups reservations and check-in at a very busy time. She provided exceptional courtesy, professionalism and hospitality. One of the best places to stay in the Richmond, VA area thanks to her and the condition of the facilities. Food was a little pricy both for dinner and for the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, October 12, 2015
Hurricane Irene was a difficult time for many. We are glad many came together to help each other!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Greek first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I've been staying there for business over the last few months. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful, the room is comfortable and clean and the location is great. Whenever there is a problem (no tissues in the dispenser), someone is quick to make it right. The breakfast buffet, which also includes someone fixing waffles and omelets, is an excellent value. The food is fresh and the wait staff is most attentive.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the river side. The view is so mucher nicer.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for commenting on our Location and Wonderful Service! Please return soon.
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The staff at this hotel was amazing. The most prompt service, clean and extremely efficient with providing us with anything we needed. Great views from the rooms of the James River, and parking was an ease and very convenient. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for providing your feedback. Please return again for another Best Hotel Stay!!
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My family and I had the best stay in the most beautiful hotel we have ever stayed in! The service was amazing. Everyone was kind, knowledgeable and eager to help make our stay the best it could be. The room was quiet with no outside distractions and the riverside view is breathtaking. Our room service order was delivered in a timely fashion and was delicious. Although there was a slight problem with the order, it was remedied quickly and without any problem. We definitely plan to stay here again and I will be recommending this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you taking the time to provide your feedback.
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I was in downtown Richmond for training at the Federal Reserve. The Crowne is very close to the Fed, which was very convenient. I stayed one night at the Crowne. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They asked me if I would be okay with a handicap accessible room and I thought it would be fine. In hind site, I wish I had asked for a regular room. The handicap accessible shower was awkward for me to use. Still, I agreed to this, so it isnt the hotel's fault. Overall my room was fine. There were a few things I wasnt crazy about, which would have bothered a more picky person. For example, when you turn on the bathroom light on comes a loud groaning fan. There were crumbs of food on the chair in my room, so I just decided not to use it. I will say that my bed was very nice. It was clean and soft and I slept well. I had room service the night that I stayed and the next morning. Room service was very prompt and the food was very good. I did not use the valet parking or shuttle. I paid the $10 self park fee and parked in the garage.

Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My group conducted a retreat at this hotel on the 2nd week of August and loved it. Everyone was professional and food was excellent, which is located on the 2nd floor of the hotel. Our experience was so good, my group is condiering staying longer than we did this year. If you find yourself in Richmond, VA and looking for a hotel that is issue free, then I suggest you stay at Crowne Plaza in Downtown Richmond.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Spent the night just this past weekend and overall the experience was very good. We were greeted by the pleasant desk staff Jeanine and she was very curteous. Once checked in we got to our room and it was clean and all in good working condition. We were on the 14th floor room 1425 and had a nice view. After unpackign I noticed I left my contact solution and case at home, we called the front desk and the hotel shuttle was available to drive us up to the local RiteAid. Andrew was the driver and he was also extremely polite and attentive. Kudos to both employees. We used the shuttle later in the evening to get dinner, excellent service (once again Andrew) and when dinner was done called the front desk and in about 10 minutes were picked up. Hotel shuttle was an excellent feature, this way we could enjoy some drinks at dinner and not have to worry about driving.
Our only concern was the hot water. It never got really hot, warm yes but not hot. Figured if we let the water run for a minute it would heat up but to no avail.
I would recommend staying at the Crown Plaza for the friendly service and excellent location, but only if the hot water gets fixed :-)

Room Tip: Dont stay next to the elevator, you can hear people talking as they get in/out
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank VisitingfromVA
JonesScott, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your recent weekend stay. Your kind words about our employees and our Hotel are most appreciated. I personally sincerely thank you for the feedback that you have provided regarding your hot water! We adjusted the flow to that room right away. We look forward to your return for another great weekend in the near future.

C. Scott Jones