“Absolutely amazing stay!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Suffolk, Virginia
“Absolutely amazing stay!”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My family and I had the best stay in the most beautiful hotel we have ever stayed in! The service was amazing. Everyone was kind, knowledgeable and eager to help make our stay the best it could be. The room was quiet with no outside distractions and the riverside view is breathtaking. Our room service order was delivered in a timely fashion and was delicious. Although there was a slight problem with the order, it was remedied quickly and without any problem. We definitely plan to stay here again and I will be recommending this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, October 12, 2015
Thank you taking the time to provide your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Greek first
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I was in downtown Richmond for training at the Federal Reserve. The Crowne is very close to the Fed, which was very convenient. I stayed one night at the Crowne. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They asked me if I would be okay with a handicap accessible room and I thought it would be fine. In hind site, I wish I had asked for a regular room. The handicap accessible shower was awkward for me to use. Still, I agreed to this, so it isnt the hotel's fault. Overall my room was fine. There were a few things I wasnt crazy about, which would have bothered a more picky person. For example, when you turn on the bathroom light on comes a loud groaning fan. There were crumbs of food on the chair in my room, so I just decided not to use it. I will say that my bed was very nice. It was clean and soft and I slept well. I had room service the night that I stayed and the next morning. Room service was very prompt and the food was very good. I did not use the valet parking or shuttle. I paid the $10 self park fee and parked in the garage.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My group conducted a retreat at this hotel on the 2nd week of August and loved it. Everyone was professional and food was excellent, which is located on the 2nd floor of the hotel. Our experience was so good, my group is condiering staying longer than we did this year. If you find yourself in Richmond, VA and looking for a hotel that is issue free, then I suggest you stay at Crowne Plaza in Downtown Richmond.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Spent the night just this past weekend and overall the experience was very good. We were greeted by the pleasant desk staff Jeanine and she was very curteous. Once checked in we got to our room and it was clean and all in good working condition. We were on the 14th floor room 1425 and had a nice view. After unpackign I noticed I left my contact solution and case at home, we called the front desk and the hotel shuttle was available to drive us up to the local RiteAid. Andrew was the driver and he was also extremely polite and attentive. Kudos to both employees. We used the shuttle later in the evening to get dinner, excellent service (once again Andrew) and when dinner was done called the front desk and in about 10 minutes were picked up. Hotel shuttle was an excellent feature, this way we could enjoy some drinks at dinner and not have to worry about driving.
Our only concern was the hot water. It never got really hot, warm yes but not hot. Figured if we let the water run for a minute it would heat up but to no avail.
I would recommend staying at the Crown Plaza for the friendly service and excellent location, but only if the hot water gets fixed :-)

Room Tip: Dont stay next to the elevator, you can hear people talking as they get in/out
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank VisitingfromVA
JonesScott, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your recent weekend stay. Your kind words about our employees and our Hotel are most appreciated. I personally sincerely thank you for the feedback that you have provided regarding your hot water! We adjusted the flow to that room right away. We look forward to your return for another great weekend in the near future.

C. Scott Jones
Lublin, Poland
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed one night and liked it a lot. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. We had a room on the 6th floor and our only complaint was noise from the corridor - you could hear it every time a door was opened and closed. The hotel is located close to many sights in Richmond but finding a place to eat was a bit tricky in the evening July 3rd - many places were closed. Overall, the stay was a nice experience, I would go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slugabed
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Travelled in for a wedding last fall that was at the hotel. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. It was easy to find and in a good location to the downtown area. Breakfast was good, but a bit pricy (it was worth it though!) The hotel lounge was very nice, and the wedding reception was beautiful! I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteelCty
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I took my family to a concert on Brown's Island and I booked this hotel because it was the closest to the venue and because it appeared to be in a safe area. I am not typically a fan of Crowne Plaza but this is the nicest one I have stayed in. It is within walking distance to Brown's Island, maybe 4 blocks. At the foot of the hill near Brown's Island, there are also several history museums. Just past the museums (still within long walking distance to the hotel), there is a park that has access to the James River where many people picnic and swim. Our room was very clean and the bedding was nice. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi, although they had so much chlorine in them, we could only use the facilities for a short amount of time. This is typical for my experiences with indoor pools. Parking was $14 for valet, although we did not see an attendant. There is an adjoining parking garage which is $10 per day. There is a sign at check in that says a $50 charge per day will be placed on the account if a debit card is used and it is refunded in 10 days. When I mentioned to the check in attendant that I wanted to use a credit card instead because of this policy, she waived the fee and I used my debit card. I believe that there are restaurants and shops close by but I didn't go to any of them nor did I see them. I would definitely stay at this hotel again... overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family