“best service at a hotel-EVER.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Jefferson Hotel

The Jefferson Hotel
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Washington, DC
“best service at a hotel-EVER.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

Just amazing service. Travel can often be a hassle, and the staff at this hotel were simply delightful. Would stay here again in a heartbeat! Brunch was really delicious, and a great value with the unlimited champagne.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

I took my husband here for a surprise birthday overnight getaway. I live about an hour from Richmond but we had never been there. So, I planned a romantic overnight with many stops and the Jeff was our home base.

Upon arrival, I was awed by the beautiful lobby. Very Gone with the Wind. Great place for a wedding, in fact there was a reception there during our stay. The staff was very professional and polite.

We didn't spend a whole lot of time in the room but I was underwhelmed by it. It was nice and clean and had some elements of what one might term luxury. However, if you are used to a certain five star quality, you will be disappointed. To be fair, I did not stay in the most expensive rooms the hotel offers. I see that they have done some renovations in those rooms and I'm sure they are worth the money. But a regular King room, at a 250 a night rate, doesn't really feel worth it. At least not for the room or bathroom. More for the atmosphere of the hotel as a whole.

I would recommend staying there but just dial back the luxury expectations a bit, unless you are in the most expensive room.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

I always dreamed of staying at The Jefferson and never was able to get a room. My dream finally came true and boy was I disappointed. The common areas and towels are fabulous and it ends there. Furnishings and bedding are poorly appointed and in need of an upgrade. The shower was one of the worst of my life. The shower head had two settings:skin piercing or drip with a temperature setting of luke warm or scalding. All options ended up with the oh so nice "face spray". On check in the toiletries had not been changed from the previous guest. I believe a 5 star rating should imply that all the rooms carry a high standard and the one I was in clearly did not live up to this expectation. I have stayed at the Berkeley Hotel in Richmond and had a nice shower and a comfortable sleep, for a similar price. The only bright spot is they are pet friendly. However, unless I bring my dog I will not stay at the Jefferson again. (I was not in a "pet room" on this trip)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2009

This is possibly the best hotel I've ever stayed at. Arriving, I was kindly greeted by a doorman at the awesome wooden doors that open themselves!!! As I walked in, the lobby was amazing and huge, with that huge stained-glass dome in the ceiling!!! We checked in at the front desk, and I must mention the service couldn't have been better. The employee at the front desk upgraded our standard room to a studio suite. We proceeded to our room. We all were very impressed with our huge studio suite! It was clean, but there might have been one unnoticeable stain on the carpet that is nothing to be concerned about. We only stayed for one night, but for that time, we were very impressed with the Jefferson Hotel!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Morristown, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

This hotel is rated as a 5 star hotel for a reason...it's fantastic. The ambiance is wonderful and honors the history of the hotel. The staff is so friendly and eager to help. TJs was delicious and welcoming even when we arrived late at night. We asked if there was an upgrade for the same price we were quoted on the phone and they were able to comply. Unlike other hotels, I was amazed how quiet the room's heat fan was. This is always a problem for me but didn't even think about it while trying to sleep. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Va.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2009

We stayed at the Jefferson on their Valentine's Day Package. We had a lovely room with a view of the city. They think of everything; they even have heaters at the entrance, to keep you warm while you are waiting for their van. Yes, they have vans that will drive you around the city. In our case, they took us to the wine festival at the convention center. Just call them when you are ready to come back to the hotel.
The conciege service is wonderful, Richmond has so much history, wonderful museums and the recently refurbished capital building.
You can even bring your dog to the Jefferson, for an additional charge. Try to book the Sunday Brunch or afternoon tea, they are very elegant.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2009

Everything was great. The location, TJ's, the service, the valet parking. It was great. They also had a town car that would drop you off and pick you up nearby (Carytown and downtown) at no cost.

• Stayed February 2009