“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Massachusetts
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel has one of the most impressive lobby areas, particularly down towards the restaurant. Check in was incredibly easy, and the other employees of the hotel were very accommodating. The room was impeccably clean. The bed was very comfortable. The room was a bit on the smaller side, but not surprising for an antique hotel. The rooms were appointed with modern decor, including a desk and a very comfortable easy chair. The bath amenities were great. Breakfast in the morning was perfect. In the unlikely event I am in Richmond again, I will absolutely stay at the Jefferson Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at The Jefferson Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your review and for choosing The Jefferson for your business trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Korean first
McLeansville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I attended a wedding in Richmond on Saturday May 24, 2014. We stayed 2 nights at the hotel. We attended the wedding reception and a brunch at The Jefferson. The decor of the hotel was one of the best that I have ever seen. The service was flawless. Our room was top notch. They were even able to arrange to have my Lincoln washed for me prior to the wedding.

Room Tip: Our family party had a total of 15 rooms and EVERYONE raved about their room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Larry_English
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at The Jefferson Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We are delighted that your wedding group enjoyed their experience at The Jefferson and we are so pleased to have been a part of the celebration. Thank you for sharing your experience with others that might be considering Richmond for a wedding or special event.
Havertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed in this hotel for one night on our way down to Charleston and loved it.

The hotel was beautiful and staff very friendly. There were a lot of places to sit throughout the huge beautiful lobby. We enjoyed sitting with a glass of wine and relaxing down there.

The rooms were also very spacious and very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Although our stay was short I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Richmond.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and your recommendation to others!
Milan, Italy
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I reached Richmond in the late evening and from train station it took me about 15 minutes by cab to get to The Jefferson. The arrival was impressive: the staff welcomed me , the porter took my luggage and in less then one minute I was checked in. I must say all the staff at The Jefferson is very friendly and very polite . I took a suite room: plenty of space, complementary bottle of Italian wine, very nice and quite room. It was late in the night but the restaurant was stll open: I decided to give it a try. Well my trust was paid back with a great diner! The food of restaurant "Lemaire" is fantastic. I had a " lamb hot dog" as a appetizer, then sward fish with black rice and asparagus. All was excellent, well cooked, the sward fish very tender and juicy. I had a hald bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio Alois Ladeger, a premium wine: the best surprise was the bill: 62 dollar for a very fine diner in a very fine dining atmosphere. The restaurant is very good: I travel the world and I consider this restaurant one of the best hotel restaurant I came across in last years. In the morning I enjoyed a very good breakfast in the TJ restaurant. I can say all was perfect in this hotel, and I will certainly go back: I have been impressed by the courtesy of the staff, also from the level of the cusine and size of the room. I will be back, for sure when I return to Richmond. No doubt.

Room Tip: I took a suite room, very large and confortable, whith plenty of space. I suggest you the suite roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review! We look forward to your return to The Jefferson during your next visit to Richmond.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have stayed at a few hotels in Richmond and the Jefferson was one of our nicer stays. Although the bathroom garbage was not emptied prior to our arrival, they quickly took care of it once we called about it. The valet parking was a nice perk and the staff was always eager to help. The reception rooms were very spacious and its a great venue for a special occasion.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and please, again, accept our apologies for the oversight by our housekeeping team when servicing your room prior to your arrival. We appreciate the opportunity to correct that and are pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Jefferson is the only 5 star hotel in Richmond, and it deserves a 6th star if one were available!
Growing up in Richmond, I recall the grand staircase and visits to see Santa over the holiday season. But it was only after moving away from a Virginia that trips back to Richmond gave the chance to stay at the Jefferson. It is one of the most beautiful hotels one will ever experience. Southern grandeur combined with gracious southern hospitality. The staff are perfection and will do whatever is needed for their guests. The rooms are gorgeous, with very high end Virginia style furnishings. The valet services are good as are bellman and housekeepers. Turndown service gives the perfect end to a day. Everyone should experience a stay at The Jefferson at least once in their lives. We will be back, again and again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Jefferson for your visits back to Richmond. We look forward to your many happy returns.
Georgia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. Pictures do not do it justice. Did not get to eat in the restaurant, but the bar had a great ambiance and the mixed drink I had was perfect. Room was good size and bed very comfortable. We were able to park our rental car in the hotel's parking lot next door for free - you just have to get our parking ticket validated at the front desk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.