“Always Good”

Dairy Bar Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 44 Dessert in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond
“Always Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Dairy Bar has been part of the Richmond restaurant scene for so long that it feels like a visit to an old friend. I go frequently go with a friend who loves their grilled cheese on rye with tomato and I am a fan of their steak and cheese sub. The French fries are the old fashioned crinkle cut style, crisp on the outside and soft on the inside and never ever soggy! The subs a manageable size and the steak is always cut with a fork tender. Past visits I've enjoyed their extensive breakfast menu. The prices are low and the food always fresh. The staff is unfailingly friendly and the service prompt without being rushed. The Dairy Bar will always be favorite.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Marianne C

“Great Breakfast spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I like coming here for breakfast on Sunday, it is always busy but I've never had to wait to get a seat. Usually get the veggie omelette with home fries and white toast and it's always good. I just wish they had sausage links instead of patties and they do have a tendency to overcrisp the bacon. Also don't look up, a lot of the ceiling tiles need replacing from water damage and it besmirches what is otherwise a pretty nice looking place. But don't let that stop you from going to this Richmond institution for breakfast that's been here since the 1940's.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Always a great meal at the Dairy Bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Never leave Richmond without a trip to the Dairy Bar. We were in for lunch and I had the chicken salad sandwich - outstanding! We shared the peanut butter milkshake which was awesome.

The service is always very friendly and prompt. The food is served quickly and is always of high quality. It's a great place for breakfast as well, and I've done that on many occasions.

It's a quaint restaurant and does remind me of a time long ago. The pictures on the wall, colored by the smaller guests remind me of places when I was a kid.

The milkshakes alone make a stop here mandatory. My fav is the orange creamsicle, but all of them are great. I think the value is very good, so take the whole family!

Not sure when I'll be back in Richmond, but I can guarantee you a stop at the Dairy Bar will be on the agenda!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Donald M
“Lunch at the Dairy Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went to lunch at the Dairy Bar with my wife just before Christmas. The service was great and we both had very good meals. I had a rueben and the corned beef was piled high.

Visited December 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Quaint with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Quiet homely atmosphere. Great food. Chicken salad sub and bacon cheeseburger are excellent! Great service. Outdoor dining in good weather. Love this place. Shakes are amazing!

Visited December 2013