“Fishing is lackluster but the river is nice to relax on”
Review of James River

and up
Hollywood Cemetery Electric Car Tour in Richmond
Ranked #12 of 171 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: This river running right through downtown Richmond offers sightseeing rides on an antique paddlewheel steamer or on a raft with a trained guide, as well as wading, fishing, rafting, kayaking or simply relaxing on the river banks and gazing out at the city.
Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fishing is lackluster but the river is nice to relax on”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The bass fishing has been lackluster for the last couple of years. Not much into cat fishing, which is great here, but it's still a beautiful place to relax and enjoy boating.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
New York City, New York
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Beautiful Park but Surprisingly Boring”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I visited James River with a couple of my friends last week thinking that there would be some activities for us to do - hiking, fishing, etc - but it turned out that this park wasn't so suitable for those activities. The scenery was nice, but there was absolutely nothing to do. My friends and I looked inside an old prison facility and relaxed on the boulders by the river, but it got tiring rather quickly. I suggest visiting this park with your family or kids, rather than with friends. Oh and don't forget to bring fishing/hiking/camping equipment if you're planning to spend a good chunk of your day here.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dan C
Carshalton, United Kingdom
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Discover the James bald eagle tour”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I can't find this listed under attractions so am putting this here. We did a bald eagle watching boat trip with Discover the James. It wasn't cheap - $45 each for two hours- but we really enjoyed it.We were in a small boat with three other people and captain Mike who was very knowledgeable and entertaining.We saw several bald eagles and got some great photos.

Visited November 2013
Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Strong Current”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I love the James River in so many ways, the only problem is the current. You can't exactly go swim across it because you will end up on the other side about 100 yards downstream. Great place to kayak and canoe though.

Visited August 2013
little creek, va
“very bad experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

He was on time but he took me to the wrong base even after telling him a few times which base.so I missed my ride to go on the tiger cruise.so I paid for the ride, tiger cruise, 2 more nights of motel room, plus food.so I lost out on a lot of money thanks to james river transportation

Visited November 2013