“Definitely stop here for Breakfast”
Review of City Diner

City Diner
Ranked #200 of 1,606 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kingston, New York
“Definitely stop here for Breakfast”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great menu, great staff, great tasting food. The coffee kept coming. We were travelling through Richmond, and had an early breakfast here. No wait for a table (though it was Monday morning). The place is well decorated and it is very clean. Has an open kitchen so you can see that the kitchen is clean as well. I got the biscuit with sausage gravy and it was wonderful. Tasted fresh and perfect.

• Visited September 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Love me some City Diner”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I always have a great breakfast here. The waitstaff works as hard as I've seen; it is a small place that fills quickly and there's usually a line on the weekends. I live about 100 miles away but I get here often enough that although they don't know me by name, they kinda recognize me, which is nice. Fast and friendly, the servers keep things moving but sometimes the coffee refills do get skipped when the place is crowded. No biggie for me; if you flag them down they will oblige you with a warm-up. The prices are reasonable for RVA and the portions are large...try the Strawberry & Broad. Along with the bustling atmosphere, you'll get used to the clang-clang-clang of the guy on the grill after you're there awhile! Great diner food...breakfast & lunch, they are only open till 2PM.

• Visited April 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Classic Diner Experience”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a classic diner with a great diner breakfast. My family and I went immediately following early morning Easter service and were able to get a table right away; however, the diner is small and I can see how easily a wait could develop. The atmosphere was relaxed and easy going and it was clear to see that they have many regular customers.

The food tasted great and came out quickly. I loved the camaraderie displayed among the City Diner staff as well. If ever in Richmond and feeling like some diner fare I would recommend City Diner!

• Visited March 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Sunday breakfast”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My uncle, a Richmond local, took us here for Sunday breakfast after church. Good food, reasonable prices and quick service. Many people there seemed to be local regulars. Staff was nice and friendly. Definitely would return on another trip to the area.

Visited March 2013
Warrenton, Virginia
“Good but not great”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I feel like I ate at a different place from previous reviewers. Two of us stopped in on a weekday morning. They weren't busy and let us pick our seats. We got coffee right away and our food came quickly. I got the breakfast special, eggs, toast, hash browns and bacon. The bacon and potatoes were excellent, the rest barely warm; the eggs were unseasoned. The waitress never checked on us, forgot the hot sauce we'd asked for, and only refilled our coffee when I waved her down as she got some for herself. Disappointing, but I'd try it again given others' experiences. Another point in its favor was the number of customers who were obviously regulars, and who were greeted by name.

• Visited March 2013