“A great little hole in the wall”

Commercial Taphouse
Ranked #448 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I love this cozy hole in the wall! Came in for lunch and a brew. The place downstairs is small and cozy. I guess they have a bigger upstairs but I really love the "old man bar" feel of downstairs.

The bartender was great. It was a pleasure talking with him and hearing stories of the bars history.

I had the club sandwich which was huge and delicious. It came with fries. Washed it down with a local brew that was great.

They have a huge selection of craft beers and the bartender was extremely knowledgable of craft beers.

I want to tell you to not come here so I can have it all to myself, but I can't. This place is great.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

I visit Richmond at least 1x per year. I make a point of always going to the Commercial Taphouse. The service is always good and the folks are friendly. I have been going there since they opened in 1994, they have been consistent in their service and beers. James is a great publican. They consistently change their offerings and they are always on target. Their menu is ok, it is bar food (burgers, nachos) but it fits and is good. Easy to find, parking close by. I would urge anyone from out of town to check it out!

1  Thank TeeBow
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Cozy place with friendly staff.

Reviewed July 5, 2009

It's a local favorite - lots of great beers, and the brie and pineapple sandwich is awesome.

Reviewed April 10, 2009

Never eaten there but the beer and the atmosphere are great.