“Good place to stay”

SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Ranked #21 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 13, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites on the way to North Carolina. We chose this hotel based upon reviews on TripAdvisor, and it was a good choice. Moderately priced, the rooms are all suites and are very clean. Rooms have an HD TV and the hotel is very conveniently located right off of Interstate 64. The staff was great, and they have a complimentary breakfast available. It is very family friendly, as the breakfast was loaded with families with young kids. All good. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 30, 2008

I've never written a review on TripAdvisor until now. Our stay at this wonderful hotel prompted me to add my 1st review! The staff at the desk were very friendly and eager to help answer any of our questions about the area, restaurants, etc. The hotel is only 2 months old and so everything was fresh and clean from the carpets, furniture, lobby area, breakfast area and room. The flat screen TV in the room was a nice surprise. The TV swivels so you can watch from the sleeping area as well as the sitting area. Breakfast included the usual continental breakfast fare but also offered lots of extras such as yogurt, eggs and waffles. There was someone paying close attention to make sure that the food was always replenished as needed and that the buffet area stayed clean. Coffee was available 24 hours. There is a small indoor pool that was crowded over the weekend but the kids did not seem to mind and enjoyed it. The whirlpool was more my speed! If you stay here, you will be extremely pleased!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2008

Stayed late June as stopover from CT to Myrtle Beach.
Very nice front desk service.
Breakfast area looked small but had lots of choices and pleasant staff

Reviewed June 9, 2008

I cannot remember when my hotel stay was so pleasant! I loved every aspect of this hotel. It isn't far from the interstate and is located in a newly developed area. The exterior was very attractive and well manicured. The staff was great! Our room (family of four) was comfortable, spacious, and I favored the floor plan (desk for my laptop in a small sitting area with veiw of the plasma-- but separated from the bedroom area).
There was a small indoor pool with a hot tub- my daughter loved it!
The complimentary breakfast sealed the deal for me.
I was so happy I ran across information about this hotel on trip advisor. They review and rating was right on.

I give it a "10!"

1  Thank yizaz
Reviewed June 8, 2008

This was our stopover on a car trip to the Outer Banks. It was such a lovely property that we joked about just staying there at the SpringHill for the week instead.

Many little upscale touches in the room. The hot breakfast was excellent. We ran out of a personal care item and they supplied it for no charge. Location was very convenient with plenty of shopping nearby.

They had been open for just a month or so, and we got an astounding weekend rate that we're sure was "introductory" in nature. We have no doubt that it will increase $50 by this time next year. Right now this hotel is an exceptionally good value.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed May 18, 2008

The SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest is a new hotel located right off I-64 at the Gaskins Road Exit 180. The hotel is in a nice quiet area with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby including the Short Pump Town Center. My hotel room was very clean and still had the "new" smell. Room features included a wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, sofa bed, chair, desk, 37" HD TV, temperature control AC, free internet (connected and wireless), and granite countertops. Other hotel features included a free continental breakfast, exercise room, indoor pool, and whirlpool. It's almost the perfect hotel but there were some cons. First the refrigerator temperature control is not adjustable by guests and everything I put inside was frozen. Second the hotel furniture (sofa, chair, bed) was uncomfortable. The bed was extremely firm and I found myself tossing and turning each night. If you like a firm bed this is the hotel for you. It's so unfortunate that this Marriott franchise did not invest more into their bedding like other Marriott properties. Since a good night's sleep is really important to me I don't think I will return back to what would otherwise be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank vaboywnder
Reviewed April 24, 2008

This is a brand new contemporary hotel with lots of extras. Wonderful clean rooms, no dogs or smoking which is a BIG plus in my book! Crisp sheets, refrigerator, microwave in room with pull out sofa. Great way to see Richmond and get away from the maddening crowds, near Short Pump. We'll be back.

Stayed: April 2008