“Very nice”

Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
ct
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Stayed late June as stopover from CT to Myrtle Beach.
Very nice front desk service.
Breakfast area looked small but had lots of choices and pleasant staff

• Liked — Very clean- new. Very friendly and accomodating staff. Variety of breakfast items
  • Disliked — Pull out sofa not so comfy
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I cannot remember when my hotel stay was so pleasant! I loved every aspect of this hotel. It isn't far from the interstate and is located in a newly developed area. The exterior was very attractive and well manicured. The staff was great! Our room (family of four) was comfortable, spacious, and I favored the floor plan (desk for my laptop in a small sitting area with veiw of the plasma-- but separated from the bedroom area).
There was a small indoor pool with a hot tub- my daughter loved it!
The complimentary breakfast sealed the deal for me.
I was so happy I ran across information about this hotel on trip advisor. They review and rating was right on.

I give it a "10!"

• Liked — Great for families...
  • Disliked — nothing to report...
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank yizaz
Louisville, KY
Reviewed June 8, 2008

This was our stopover on a car trip to the Outer Banks. It was such a lovely property that we joked about just staying there at the SpringHill for the week instead.

Many little upscale touches in the room. The hot breakfast was excellent. We ran out of a personal care item and they supplied it for no charge. Location was very convenient with plenty of shopping nearby.

They had been open for just a month or so, and we got an astounding weekend rate that we're sure was "introductory" in nature. We have no doubt that it will increase $50 by this time next year. Right now this hotel is an exceptionally good value.

• Stayed May 2008
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
Reviewed May 18, 2008

The SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest is a new hotel located right off I-64 at the Gaskins Road Exit 180. The hotel is in a nice quiet area with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby including the Short Pump Town Center. My hotel room was very clean and still had the "new" smell. Room features included a wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, sofa bed, chair, desk, 37" HD TV, temperature control AC, free internet (connected and wireless), and granite countertops. Other hotel features included a free continental breakfast, exercise room, indoor pool, and whirlpool. It's almost the perfect hotel but there were some cons. First the refrigerator temperature control is not adjustable by guests and everything I put inside was frozen. Second the hotel furniture (sofa, chair, bed) was uncomfortable. The bed was extremely firm and I found myself tossing and turning each night. If you like a firm bed this is the hotel for you. It's so unfortunate that this Marriott franchise did not invest more into their bedding like other Marriott properties. Since a good night's sleep is really important to me I don't think I will return back to what would otherwise be a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank vaboywnder
VA
Reviewed April 24, 2008

This is a brand new contemporary hotel with lots of extras. Wonderful clean rooms, no dogs or smoking which is a BIG plus in my book! Crisp sheets, refrigerator, microwave in room with pull out sofa. Great way to see Richmond and get away from the maddening crowds, near Short Pump. We'll be back.

Stayed April 2008
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2008

This newly constructed hotel opened four days before we arrived and many of the rooms had not yet been occupied. We were the first to stay in our room! The outside of the hotel offers a nicely landscaped lawn with flowers, A parking lot surrounds the building. Parking is free. The interior design for the entrance of the hotel is nicely unique with a stylish use of curved walls. This offers an attractively artistic and upscale wood appearance to separate the registration area from the dining and fireplace area. This fine attention to detail is seen throughout the hotel.
A lot of the guests appeared to be on business trips. We were there mid-week for a mini-vacation overnight trip to Richmond. The suite was large, with plenty of room for two adults and three active children under the age of ten. The suite has a semi wall to divide the sleeping area and the living room / kitchenette area. A full wall with a door to close might be better but then the suite rate would be unaffordable. This worked just fine! The mattresses seemed a bit on the firm side, but then, they are very new. The beds use duvet covers instead of bedspreads, thus they get cleaned with other linens and are fresh for each arriving guest. The large windows open partially with stops for security.
The swimming pool is big enough for recreation but falls short for a good multiple lap work-out. There are wide steps with a center rail into the pool but once in, the pool depth is 4-5 feet. Because one of my children is a very small pre-schooler and at this point, non-swimmer I find bringing a U.S.Coast Guard approved lifejacket ( with grab tag) on trips allows her a bit more freedom to move, gives my arm a break from holding her, and offers me a bit more reassurance on her safety because I need to watch the other children as well. That said, she does not go into the pool without an adult but I have found the life jacket to be a good thing to pack for pools without lifeguards. There are plenty of towels in the pool area. The pool heater failed before our arrival and was fixed before we left, but the correction came too late for our full enjoyment of the pool. (older kids swam anyway- just not as long) The hot tub has a different heater and was simply wonderful! There is a small exercise room but I did not go in it.
The complimentary breakfast was self-serve, with hot and cold fare to include: eggs, muffins, cold cereals, oatmeal, waffles, fruit, juice, yogurt, coffee,tea, toast. Because it is self serve and a lot of people tend to arrive in the food prep/selection area at once, so allowing a little more time than usual might be a good idea.
The staff was exceptionally helpful! They provided us excellent directions to the Lewis-Ginter Botanical Gardens when I misplaced mine. Staff members throughout the hotel seemed to give each guest a smile as they passed in the halls. They all appeared to have a professional confidence and deservedly so,even though it was opening week, the hotel operations seemed to flow smoothly- at least from my guest perspective.
Location - very good. About 9-10 miles from the Children's Museum of Richmond, ( excellent play area), the Science Museum, and the VA Dept of Motor Vehicles. We added under a mile more to enjoy the Stawberry Street Cafe but there are many nice places to dine right near the hotel. This hotel does not offer a bar or restaurant. Sodas in the machines are $2. but we brought our own. I don't know about the pricing of the food and beverage items at the Marketplace near the reception desk.
Rates for two beds in one suite run about $129+ tax at this time. We paid discounted rate, so the bill was a bit less. We stayed one night but sure wanted to stay another! All in all, this hotel is a nicely appointed, almost full service hotel. It provides all it claims to offer and does so very well at a very competitive rate. We will stay here again !

Stayed March 2008, traveled with family