“Excellent”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a favorite place in the Richmond area. The meals are wonderful, the building is historic and the service is welcoming. We usually order seafood.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The reviews are correct on this little corner spot. Julep’s is a very casual restaurant with low lighting and excellent service. I ordered a mint julep, something I have never had before. I was ecstatic when it came out in a sterling silver cup. That made the julep experience that much better! Based on the recommendations, we ordered the fried green tomatoes and yes, they are a must! The pimento cheese with them and the thick slice of perfectly seasoned tomato was incredible, the best thing we ate. For dinner, they serve corn bread muffins that have a touch of sweetness with your meal. I ordered the crab cakes that had a bacon relish and they were excellent. The waiter sold me when he told me the meat comes from Baltimore where the crab is picked fresh. My wife had the New York Strip and that was perfectly cooked to medium rare and had great flavor. Not as tender as we hoped but it was still very well. I would recommend this place to anyone that has some money to burn. It is a little expensive but worth it for a special occasion.

1  Thank SkunkyWunky2
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Super wine specials, shrimp and grits and fried green tomatoes and oyster appetIzers and friendly staff.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Quality food, great service (Joe). We had pork belly, pork shank and duck breast. All excellent. Was our second time there. Just as good this time as before. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

WaitStaff was very attentive and meals were served quickly. The pork chops were very tender and large with spaghetti squash sauté it was a delicious meal. The roasted brussel sprouts would knock hour socks off! Great quaint place for special occasions but a little pricey for the everyday.