“Best Sushi Place in Town”
Review of Osaka Sushi

Osaka Sushi
Ranked #268 of 1,644 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I love the food here. Whether you order sushi, or an entree, the food is great. The sushi always tastes fresh. The rolls are constantly changing, and are always very good. I recommend the lunch boxes during lunch - they have a little bit of everything, and they wont leave you with an empty stomach. Chris, the owner, owns three other sushi joints in richmond, and they are all excellent.

1  Thank The~PuRa~VIdA~

Reviewed May 3, 2009

I used to go to Osaka's about twice a month, until last November. I had been ordering their wild salmon, which was absolutely delicious and very fresh. The last time I ordered it, it was mushy and had no flavor - obviously had been re-frozen. Then, the waiter had the audacity to charge me for the order, even though I sent it back - because I had taken one bite! If it weren't for that, I would maybe go there again, but bad food and worse service do not entice. I have been going to the Short Pump location more recently, and its atmosphere has really improved.

Reviewed January 30, 2009

Took a group of 10 people to Osaka for a sushi night.....it was awesome.

The atmosphere was fantastic...the service was outstanding and the food and drinks rocked!

I'm a sake-lover so HAD to try a "saketini"....don't miss this! It was the best sake themed drink I've ever had! The sushi was great too!

Reviewed January 5, 2009

( River Road location)
I am a chef here in town ( not Japanese cuisine however), and I feel I can say with at least a small amount of authority that Osaka is consistently top-notch in terms of their fish, presentation, selection and service. They do it right, and they have done it right every single time I have been there. Where else can you get fresh-ground wasabi around here? ( hint- you have to ask for it) of course there are some other good sushi places in town, and this might not be the cheapest, but if you are coming in from out of town or entertaining friends who love sushi, take them here-- or to Sushi O in Midlothian if you are on the Southside/ Chesterfield area. also a nice wine and drinks list if you are coming for the bar and a roll or two.

Reviewed August 31, 2008

Wonderful atmosphere, great service, sushi that is so fresh and delicious it is to Die for!! The bar is a happening scene for professionals. Try the poinsettia roll, (not on the menu). Fresh red tuna wrapped around rice w/caraway seeds, with a spicy tuna and tempura center. Red and b lack caviar sit on top and it's served with a spicy mayonnaise. YUMMY!! This is a much more upscale atmosphere than the Short Pump location.

1  Thank dnmj