We stayed here for 3 nights in September 2011. I think the hotel is fairly new, as everything looks pristine and is very well maintained. The swimming pool was meticulously cleaned every morning while we were there, although was also FREEZING cold!! Very refreshing on a hot day though.
The rooms are well-decorated and furnished, as well as being fairly spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed was comfortable, the en-suite was nice (shower only), and the balcony, whilst offering no privacy, did give a nice view over the garden and pool (although it should be noted that some rooms don't face in this direction).
The staff were always very friendly and helpful, from the receptionist who greeted us upon arrival, to the cleaners, and the team who run the breakfast buffet - always very smiley, which makes such a difference to your experience!
The breakfast buffet was served in a nice area overlooking the pool, with a choice of indoor and outdoor seating. The buffet was plentiful, and although we only ever saw a cold selection, this suited us in this climate! Nice breads, pastries, cereals, jams, cakes, fresh fruits, yoghurts etc.
Really the only slight negatives we could identify for this place are:
1) the distance to town (a 10 minute walk, uphill on the way back) and the Rena Bianca beach (slightly further with another hill!) but to be honest I was grateful for this means of working off some of the pizza calories!
2) the rooms aren't entirely sound proof, so we were awoken once or twice by other guests in the corridor outside.
But if you're capable of walking up a hill, and sleep reasonably well, please don't let these things put you off! We really liked this place and enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diana Hotel is a new luxurious establishment situated in Santa Teresa Gallura and plunged in 2500m² of green surroundings, near beautiful beaches like Santa Reparata, Capo Testa and Rena Bianca. The hotel is also near the town’s historic centre, offering the typical atmosphere of a North Sardinian village. Enjoy the most of a relaxing vacation, lying on the beach, cooling off in the hotel’s swimming pool or sun bathing on the deck chairs by the pool, in the garden or on the sun terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Diana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diana Hotel Santa Teresa Gallura, Sardinia, Italy