Right from the word go the staff at Valle Dell Erica made us welcome. Although my wife and I had booked an Executive Suite we found it a little too public and the "Sea View" was not! So we were immediately moved to one of the sea facing Myrtilla Suites (larger and more comfortable) at no extra cost.
The Buffet Breakfast and Dinner were out of this world with an enormous array of every different dish imaginable. Every type of fish was usually on offer as well as (on different nights), roast pork, beef, lamb, veal and turkey. Salad and vegetables were in abundance with all the different types of Sardinian breads, olives, peppers and accompanying sauces. Various types of pasta were available on different nights and if you didn't see anything that took your fancy you only had to ask one of the waiters and they would go out of their way to conjure it up for you.
There are two good pools - one for the children and a longer, deeper one for the adults. Although it is fairly cold in the water at this time of the year once the heat of the sun had been on them (particularly the children's pool) they were fine. There is swimming off of the various small beaches and as a nice touch at the larger beach there is a small café where you can have snacks, coffee and ice creams if you wish.
This is a very family friendly resort which although might seem initially expensive provides a complete service. For families with children the Mini Club and Baby Club provide a welcome break for the parents whilst there is still space for older couples to relax in peace.
The staff are without fail welcoming, friendly and courteous - and that extends to everyone; bar staff, waiters, the girls on reception and the room cleaners.
I am almost loath to submit this review as I want to keep this little slice of Sardinian Heaven to myself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Valle dell’Erica. The Resort of your dreams. Valle dell’Erica is situated to the north of Palau, on the borders of the National Park of the Archipelago of La Maddalena, right opposite the fascinating uninhabited island of Spargi. It is situated 4 km from the charming village of Porto Pozzo, with its small tourist port and shops and just 12 km from S.Teresa di Gallura, a well-known tourist destination in northern Sardinia facing the Straits of Bonifacio. The first part of Valle dell’Erica, the first tourist village constructed in Sardinia, was built in 1958 (a period when it was still possible to build a few metres from the sea) by the owner of the valley, a pioneer of tourism in Sardinia. Thanks to the fascination of the area and the high quality of the structure built – indeed it received a special mention from the President of the Republic – Valle dell’Erica during the sixties became a very stylish, sought-after venue, and indeed numbered princes and kings among its guests. In 2005 it was completely refurbished by Delphina which by showing respect for the splendid natural environment surrounding it and thus in harmony with the style of the original village chosen by its founder, transformed it into a resort equipped with all modern comforts, the aim being to offer something which has become somewhat rare, that is the emotion of a truly natural holiday (as in days gone by) but also in an exclusive setting. The Resort can boast of a truly unique, unrepeatable position, a few metres from a splendid white sand bay and rocks moulded by wind and weather, in natural scenery which is among the most beautiful in Sardinia. Thanks to its extensive spaces, privacy is always guaranteed, and its numerous small bays accessible on foot, its romantic rooms with panoramic verandas, the warm atmosphere of its Thalasso and Spa Center and the services offered by its skilled staff, ensure it is a true oasis of relaxation and pleasure for couples. The Resort is also an ideal choice for family groups; indeed it has large, secure green and garden areas where the kids can play without disturbing the adults, a large, well-equipped mini club and a splendid kids’ pool. Apart from the beauty of the sea and the breathtaking views, it offers an exceptional sea water pool just a few metres from the sea and an outstanding Thalasso & Spa Centre. After dinner, in the Resort’s Plaza, there are entertaining shows with live music and various different events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Resort Valle Dell'Erica Thalasso & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Valle Dell`Erica Thalasso And Spa
- Resort Valle Dell`Erica Thalasso Hotel Santa Teresa Di Gallura
- Hotel Valle Dell Erica
- Valle Dell Erica Hotel
- Resort Valle Dell'Erica Thalasso & Spa Santa Teresa Gallura, Sardinia, Italy