“No competition; no need to try to be good!”

Best Western Johnson City Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Johnson City
Fort Worth, TX
“No competition; no need to try to be good!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am a huge Best Western fan and will continue to stay with BW exclusively; however, I'll never stay at the BW, Johnson City again. Front desk clerk was completely ignorant of the rules of using "points" earned thru the credit card, even when I showed him my reservation in writing. Place was old, which can't be helped, but it could have used a thorough cleaning. I chose not to shower because I could not get the water as hot as I wanted it. I did not complain to the front desk, since I'd already had a bad experience with the clerk. Breakfast was OK wtih fresh, nice bananas, good yogurt, no scrambled eggs by 8:15am, and coffee pot could make just a couple of cups before it had to internally heat the water again. They could have used three or four pots if they were going to use that type. Total disaster, in my opinion. Guests were complaining.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room, intrance from outside. Room location OK. Grounds of hotel lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Coffeebeans8
Best Western J, Front Office Manager at Best Western Johnson City Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We do want to thank you for taking time and filling out this review. I do want to apologize to you for your inconvenience. We are sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory and do hope that you will in the future give us another chance. We have taken this seriously and retrained all of our staff as to provide better customer service. Thank you for your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our room was clean, new carpet, very clean and great shower. This is a basic room. Breakfast is average; has the basics. Friendly staff. Try the Pecan Street Brewery Restaurant on the town square (approximately 3 miles from hotel). Fabulous food; brew their own beer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Oil City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at this Best Western after touring the LBJ Ranch. We planned on going to the Pedernales Falls State Park the next day - the hotel is only nine miles away. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. This Best Western had just received the Director's Award 2/13 and also a "grounds" award. There is a nice swimming pool and a gazebo area. The whole area is kept very clean. There is also a washer and dryer on the property. There is a Mexican restaurant right behind the hotel, but I would not recommend it. The room was a good value also, $80 with our AAA discount.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We planned on spending a weekend at Pedernales Falls State Park, so a hotel that was convenient to the park was our first priority. That didn't leave much! We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the park, and because they accepted pets. With our AAA card, I thought we got a good value for our stay. The room was comfortable and clean, and quiet.

The mattress was very firm, so if you have back pain, be aware of that.

The front desk service was friendly and polite. Once we checked in and had a bit of time to relax, we found a very pretty gazebo and garden area on the property and a liquor store next door. This place was starting to look better and better. ;-)

We will stay here again when we come back to Pedernales Falls park.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the back on the ground floor. It's further back off the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joanne Z
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was on a business trip and I stayed six nights in the Best Western Johnson City TX. The walls were paper thin and I could hear every word that was said in the room next to me. The Breakfast was a joke and all of the food was gone before 7:00 AM on my second day. The Hotel would not and will not even give me a copy of my bill for my stay???? I have called the Best Western Corporate office three times for a copy of my bill for my expense report that has taken me over three hours.
My abvice to anyone is just stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Marble Falls TX or anywhere else !!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Best Western J, Front Office Manager at Best Western Johnson City Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We do apologize for your experience here at our motel. We would also like to thank you for taking time to fill out this review. Our staff has been retrained and are monitored to make sure they will give guests the experience they deserve and expect when coming to our motel. And as far as the receipt not given to you...the reservation was make through a 3rd party site and you did pay them directly so we did not have one to give to you, for this we are sorry. Please do not let this experience drive you away from Best Westerns and we do hope you will give our motel another chance to give you a better stay.
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here one night while visiting the Hill Country of Texas. Johnson City has fantastic Christmas lights, and I found this motel on the internet. It was a great value and the continental breakfast was well beyond "continental" with hot dishes along with the usual continental stuff. The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake
Chantilly Lace Country Inn
Chantilly Lace Country Inn
#1 of 6 in Johnson City

Been to Best Western Johnson City Inn? Share your experiences!