“This tiny, hidden place is always on our agenda when traveling to the Hill Country!”

Pecan Street Brewing
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Hamilton texas
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Friends and I share an annual retreat to the Hill Country each fall. This cozy and comfortable little place is always our first lunch break as we travel. Good food, friendly service, a nice selection of beers, and a rustic and cozy atmosphere have made it a must-stop hit with us. We deliberately plan our agenda to be in Johnson City around noon.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Dewayne C

Dripping Springs, Texas
“OH MY GOODNESS!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This food is absolutely amazing! My husband had the perfect Chicken Fried Steak, tender and perfectly breaded. I had a special that I wished was on the menu all the time, the Flat Iron Steak. This was the most tender and flavorful steak I have ever had. The Screw Loose Blonde beer was great! I am not a fan of most craft brews, they can be heavy, this was light and crisp.
What a surprise in this little town!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Pamela R
Fredericksburg, Texas
“We returned”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We tried this place a year or two ago, but it had just opened so we decided to give it another chance (because we didn't like it the first time). Sorry... we still don't like it. Their beer wasn't very good and their food menu is very limited. It was also very noisy (lots of loud conversations going on), which made it a bit unpleasant to sit and dine. The old downtown itself is worth visiting, with many quaint shops/buildings.

• Visited June 2014
Hockley, Texas
“Craving the Pecan Chicken”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hostess got us seated immediately and was very friendly. We enjoyed sharing the beer sampler, which included 5 samples of beer brewed on-site for only $6.25. The Pecan Chicken is the best. I recommend anyone traveling through or near Johnson City to visit this restaurant.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Stugatsa
Houston, Texas
“What a disappointment!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Looking at the other reviews I have to wonder if we are even eating at the same restaurant. While the jalapeño poppers were very good the rest of the meal was awful. We drove over from Fredericksburg and arrived around 8pm. I ordered a glass of local wine and there was lipstick on my glass; I had to send it back. There were other diners but the place was hardly busy and it took over 30 minutes to get our entrees. The chicken fried steak, which had gotten rave reviews, was edible but nothing to write home about. While the breading was crispy the steak itself was flavorless. The gravy was tolerable but didn't taste homemade. The green beans were total mush and had been reheated in the microwave. Half of them were hot and the other half were cold. They shouldn't have been served. My sister had the 3 cheese pizza which she asked for extra crispy and it arrived just cooked and certainly not crispy. She wondered how it would have been served regularly. My mom had the meatloaf which was okay but ruined by the packaged mix tasting sauce. Definitely not worth the 25 minute drive or the calories.

1 Thank Viva_La_Viajera