“Pleasant Surprise!”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home to E Texas after reading some of the reviews. Loved the atmosphere and the service was great. My burger and sweet potato fries were cooked perfectly and my husband's ribeye was the best he's ordered in a while..very little fat and the flavor was great. The blonde beer is great. Wish we had a place like this at home! If we travel through Johnson City we will stop again.

• Visited August 2013

Katy, Texas
“Good Beer!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If there is a brewery in the area, I try and hit it.

On the way home from Lake LBJ, we found this place by accident. It seemed to be a popular place, lots of cars... It's in a very small town, Johnson City. We love eating in places like this. The place was about 75% full at 1pm.

There was no wait. Our server was Bekah and she was very nice.

For the beers... They were out of the Hang'em High Belgian, so we tried the Screw Loose Blonde and the Kon-Tiki South Pacific. The Blonde was good, I was not a fan of the Kon-Tiki. I did order a Ten Penny Nail Ale and it was good! I wish I could have tried more, but I was driving. The beer was good and was priced right at $3.50 per pint.

For the food...

The kids tried the 8" pepperoni pizza and "kids" chicken tenders with fries. The tenders were pretty big and had a good taste. The pizza was fresh, with a good crust and was cooked in their fire wood brick oven. No complaints from the kiddos! The sodas were $2.25 each.

I ordered the cheese burger (cooked medium) with jalapeno jack and bacon (with fries $1.95). They will cook all burgers medium well, unless you request different. Everything was fresh, but the burger was just ok. The two 3" pieces of bacon was overcooked, but the meat was cooked just right. It just didn't have the "it" factor for me... You know, when you are eating a good burger, it's dripping with juice, fat or whatever... Like I said, it was good, just not great. I would not order that again. The fries were very good.

We also had the fish tacos (3). Those were tasty and recommended.

The place had a good atmosphere and the staff was very nice! It was about $50 for the 4 meals, 2 sodas and 3 beers.

If we are ever in the area, we will be back. I may stick with the pizza next time.

• Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extraordinary People, Food and Atmosphere! Great for a family meal, date night, a quick drink...even a wedding reception”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Pecan Street Brewing (PSB). I have absolutely no negatives to report. Everything was extremely positive from the first meeting with them, to the after-party follow-up. The manager even requested another face-to-face meeting, when he sensed I was becoming a nervous bride. He made me feel very at ease. They made it extremely easy for us by providing the place (including tables, chairs and setup); the food; the drinks; games like shuffleboard, darts, and washers...pretty much everything we needed. We just provided the cake and the music. PSB has so much character of its own, we didn't even need to do any decorating. We were able to throw a wonderfully fun reception at a very reasonable cost.

We had the beer garden (back room), upstairs game room and back patio reserved. It was the perfect space for dinner, dancing and family fun!

I heard lots of compliments on how great both the food and the staff were. We had a buffet style southwestern fajita meal with several stations. PSB even prepared options for our guests with dietary restrictions, that all guests could still enjoy. My husband, who is a meat and potatoes guy, even liked the hummus which surprise him to no end! All of the food was just perfect. My husband, his family and I have eaten there on several occasions and have enjoyed everything from their pizza to chicken to hamburgers.

The staff did an amazing job remembering what everyone looked like and what they were drinking. This was a casual party, so people were moving around all night, and the wait staff would find each person and make sure he received his drink, even if he had wondered away from where he had ordered it. We had exceptional service.

We so enjoyed working with PSB and having our special night at their brewery. They were so kind and worked so hard. We couldn't have asked for better. It was absolutely perfect.

• Visited May 2013
Johnson City, Texas
“A fun place to eat good food.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I always enjoy eating here, but I make sure to go during off-peak times or not be in a hurry. It takes time to make good food. I like the pomegranate salad or jr. cheeseburger/veggie burger with sweet potato fries. My 4 yr old daughter likes the grilled cheese sandwich with "white" fries. My parents like the pepperoni pizza. My father-in-law loves the beer battered fish & chips. I've also had a wonderfully bizarre "bloody-mary" created by mixing one of their home-brewed beers with tomato juice.
The one down-side for me is that if you think something might have garlic in it, it does. Even down to the blue-cheese dressing. Ugh. Solution: I now bring my own dressings and ask about the ingredients before ordering.

• Visited June 2013
South Texas
“Good Service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stopped in for dinner on July 4. Almost a full house. This is a restaurant and brewery. The service was good. They were out of one of their more popular beers, Ten Penny Ale. I had the Hang ‘Em High Belgian Pale Ale. A good choice. Went well with the beer battered fish and chips. The fish was a little greasy. The fries were really good and so were the steamed vegetables. You can get a 4 ounce sample of their beers for $1 each. Nice atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013