Location: First of all, Sardinia is a fairly large island, so I highly recommend getting a car; its so much easier to go beach hopping and truly explore the beauty here. If you do not have a car, I would not recommend staying at this hotel because its a bit far from Porto Rotundo and its restaurants/bars (not walkable unless you REALLY LOVE walking) . We saw people in our hotel w/o cars who had taxi's arranged for dinners and beaches...seemed like a hassle to me. If you DO rent a car (we were able to rent one for only EUR 16 per day so very easy/affordable), then I highly recommend this hotel's location as its a bit tucked away from town, is a large and gorgeously kept property right off the Golfo di Marinella, close 10-15min drive to several v. nice beaches (Marinella, some along Golfo Aranci), and has a pool as well as a small private beach on the property which is very convenient.
Rooms: We had a junior suite with a seaside view for a very reasonable price and we loved it! Room was very large, clean and comfortable with a decend sized bathroom/shower. The property is very large and it seems there is a lot of different size/kinds of rooms (some with balconies, some sea facing, some with garden furniture, etc) - so maybe you can request for specifically what you want.
Service: Overall friendly and helpful staff, we got several restaurant recommendations from the nice lady at the front desk, all of which we loved. Not everyone spoke great English but we were able to communicate just fine for the most part. The free breakfast was OK (cereal, croissants, yogurt, some fruit, rolls, cheese/cold meats) but could be improved - i.e. open later than 10AM (that is very early to wake up while you are on holiday!), have some more variety (esp some hot foods), better juices (fresh and not weird syrupy ones), etc. We did discover after 3 days that they serve hot breakfast (i.e. scrambled eggs, omletes, bacon, etc) that you can order separately from a waiter free of charge -- this was not communicated and we would have taken more advantage of this had we known earlier! We didn't stay for lunch or dinner any night as the menu seemed a little expensive and not of huge variety.
Overall: Can't speak for the busy summer months when it may be more expensive, but we thought this hotel was a great value for a week in September. The property is very well maintained and was everything we were looking for in terms of a relaxing holiday in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden among a lush vegetation between the Mediterranean greenery and the crystal blue sea, hotel Palumbalza Porto Rotondo is a quiet, luxurious resort where nature reigns supreme. A simple but refined architecture, well harmonized in its context, built with natural materials and surrounded by patios and flower gardens that welcome the guests in search of intimacy and relax Situated in the Gulf of Marinella and very close to the famous locality of Porto Rotondo, this unique resort combines the calmness of the location with the proximity of the well-know trendy places of the island's society The hotel Palumbalza Porto Rotondo provides large rooms overlooking the sea, an elegant and sinuous pool, lawns that gently drift to the sea. The exclusive private marine area "Porto Oro" which represents the crown jewel of the property, can receive yachts up to 15 meters length and also arrange tours in boat or raft (this services are in outbound, and subject to availability) to discover the beautiful bays of the coast or for an offshore swim . To complete the proposal of this exclusive resort: the lounge bar, the spa with a massage room for beauty treatments and gym, the beauty shop and the private beach, a soccer and tennis court and a lovely little bay sheltered from all frenzy A marina with 45 berths for yachts up to 15 meters, complete with services for mooring, restaurant, beach club. A little gem in the heart of the Emerald Coast for the lovers of sea and sailing ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, ACCOR and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Palumbalza Porto Rotondo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domina Home Palumbalza Hotel Porto Rotondo
- Domina Hotel Porto Rotondo
- Domina Hotel Palumbalza
- Hotel Palumbalza Porto Rotondo Sardinia