“Decent stay”

Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lowell
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Front desk staff was friendly upon checkin and checkout. Our room was clean however bathroom in need of repair. Porcelain on the tub was chipping off and the toilet made a horrible sound when flushing. The refrigerator was noisy and the walls too thin!!!!! We were just here overnight for a trip to the college, which is about a 5 minute drive away. I would consider this an average Mariott, nothing special. Also they offer a breakfast buffet for 10.95 or ala cart, honestly the breakfast should be free.....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Good afternoon gigi615,

I hope that you are having a great day so far. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the area. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to complete an on-line ratings/comment on this site with regards to your stay with us. We are constantly trying to enhance our guests stay and your feedback allows us to do that. After reviewing your survey I was compelled to contact you. I would like to sincerely apologize for the unsightly bathtub you had in your room while staying with us. I can understand your disappointment and frustration in seeing the tub bottom in disrepair in your guest room. We are currently in the process of scheduling all of our bathroom tubs to be refinished. In the next few months all of our guest room bathtubs will be free from any chips or unsightly issues.

I am always looking for training opportunities for myself and my team and appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again for your time and insight into your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Michael Lessard

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Let me start by saying the front desk staff, and wait staff were outstanding. The hotel itself, while well appointed just lacked. The bed was far from comfortable, and while they advertize free WiFi, it is a dumbed down version. It is $4.95 a night for high speed. The business center consists of a single desktop and an inexpensive printer. IN short, if I return to this area on business, I will seek another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Good day RobRoy47,
I hope that you are having a great day so far. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the area. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to complete this on-line review of our hotel. We are constantly trying to enhance our guests stay and your feedback allows us to do just that. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the level of service you encountered with my associates while staying with us. I very much look forward to sharing your comments with my team as they take great pride in their performance. Thank you for your comments surrounding our internet service as well. I have reached out to our internet provider and asked that our system be tested. The lack of internet speed on our complimentary service is unusual and should an issue be found, it will be corrected. Thank you very much for bring this situation to light.
Thank you again for staying with us and for your time/insight into your stay with us.
Best regards

Michael L
Lowell Courtyard by Marriott

Reviewed February 14, 2014

From the outside, the hotel looks really nice with good parking area. Rooms are clean, gym facilities are small but there was only me in the morning around 8:30am.
It would be good to have breakfast included, since the hotel is in a bit remote area. BTW, I wouldn't stay there without a car.
Another point to mention is the floor on the room area, a little uneven and making noises as you walk. You can hear every move the guest on the upper floor makes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for staying with us while visiting the Lowell area and for taking the time to complete this review of our hotel. We constantly strive to improve and your valuable insight allows us to do just that. I am pleased that you stated the hotel looked nice and our rooms were clean. I will happily convey these comments to my team. I would also like to thank you for your comments on our floors. Safety is our top priority and having uneven floors is a major concern. When your schedule permits, may I ask that you call the hotel and speak to our Chief Engineer or me? I would like to know the room number you stayed in so that a solution can be found to this issue.
Thank you so much again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Lowell area.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I arrived in the middle of a snowstorm. The hotel is very nice looking as seen in other reviews and was very clean and seems to be very well run. I was met by a polite women at the desk who promptly checked me into my room. My room was ready and waiting the way I requested (floor location, pillow selection, etc). The room was warm and the bed was comfortable. The hotel was also very quiet. that may have been because it wasn't too full or maybe it is just well made. Either way, I got a good nights sleep and enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning for a quick bite to eat prior to heading off to work. I will stay here the next time around.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Good morning,

I hope you are doing well. I would like to sincerely thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com. We are constantly trying to improve and your insight allows us to see how we are doing. I am glad you were able to safely get to the hotel as this winter has been inundated with extreme cold and multiple snow storms. I am also thankful for you kind words regarding my front desk associate, room condition and breakfast offerings. I very much look forward to sharing your insight and comments with my team.
We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to the Lowell area.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Since we were meeting a friend who was conducting business in the area, I booked this hotel. I was so glad I did. It was a pleasant surprise to see the architecture of this hotel was in fitting with the colonial history of the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The entire hotel was clean, comfortable, and quiet. There are written signs in the elevators telling of their quiet policy. Bedding was comfortable. I especially liked having a print out of area restaurants complete with instructions. You really do have to pay attention to turn my turn directions as Massachusetts loves their traffic circles but doesn't feel they need for signs to direct you from them. SIGNS ARE FEW AND OFTEN NOT WHERE YOU WOULD HOPE THEY WOULD BE!

The hotel offers a breakfast buffet for a reasonable fee. There are enough selections to chose from and a menu is offered as well. Parking area is well lighted. The best thing, great value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Good day,

I hope you are doing well. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while meeting with a friend who was working. I also want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the service you experienced while staying with us. Our guests’ satisfaction is extremely important us and knowing you enjoyed your stay is a great accolade. I look forward to sharing your comments with my Housekeepers, Front Desk and Restaurant Associates.

I truly hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season. May 2014 bring you health, happiness and prosperity.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I love this place. So easy to get to and rooms are always clean. Very nice staff that are always ready to help. I do like it because it is very home like. I used the gym facilities and like the size and atmosphere. I have beed in the area several weeks at a time and would recommend to anybody coming to the are to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Good day,

I hope you are doing well and had a safe trip returning home. I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words about your stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly trying to enhance our guests’ stay; your valuable insight allows us to do just that.
We very much look forward to seeing you on your next stay to the Lowell area.
From all of us here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott, have a safe and happy holiday season. May 2014 bring you and your family good health and prosperity.

Best regards

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stay at this Courtyard once a month when visiting my corporate office. It is a very warm, welcoming hotel. The staff is so nice, and willing to help with anything you need. On one particular visit I commented that there was not lotion in my bathroom, and on my next stay, they told me when checking in that they made sure I had lotion in my room, and I did! They are very attentive.

Restaurants are convenient, an Outback Steakhouse, a Ninety Nine, and a Chili's that the hotel will drive you to, all are nice and so close. Or the Chili's will deliver to your room and charge the meal to your hotel bill-super convenient!

Great hotel for business or pleasure, conveniently located just off of Route 3 and 495.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Good evening Seversandheller,

I hope this reply finds you well. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your monthly trips to your corporate office. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. I know how busy we all are and your time and insight is very much appreciated. I will make sure the associate that fulfilled your request for lotion in your room prior to arrival is aware of your kind words. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable, please let us know.
Thank you again and have a great day.

Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowell
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover

Been to Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford? Share your experiences!